First blinking tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martini

Reaction score
Hi, what do you think about these, I have done them on myself. thats clear tips with clear gel and sparkling gel. that is probably the 10th set I have ever done. thanks for any comments. Did not attend any school, all I have learnt is from my nail technitian which was doing nails for me for 1 year period and after - just internet and some other sources.

Last edited:
There is no pic :)

My comment would be to go and get some certified training before coming onto a professional site and asking for opinions on hobby nails,
you may think that you have done a good job and caused no one any harm but there is a lot of chemistry involved in doing nails and until you learn this side of it in a class you have no idea how dangerous nail products could be,
i know this sounds harsh but it is meant with good intentions, you could be giving yourself an over exposure problem which in time could be very serious,
do yourself a favour and do a training course, you obviously have the interest there to learn and do well from it.

I Agree with Louise....Just think how much better you would be with training, how much more confident you will feel knowing that you have had professional training....and getting insurance.

The nails don't look too bad...a little long...too much free edge. But what bothers me most is the state of your natural nails...they look very red.

My comment would be to go and get some certified training before coming onto a professional site and asking for opinions on hobby nails,
you may think that you have done a good job and caused no one any harm but there is a lot of chemistry involved in doing nails and until you learn this side of it in a class you have no idea how dangerous nail products could be,
i know this sounds harsh but it is meant with good intentions, you could be giving yourself an over exposure problem which in time could be very serious,
do yourself a favour and do a training course, you obviously have the interest there to learn and do well from it.

I could not agree more with Lou (above)

Your nail plates look very traumatised too from what I can see, this should not be the case, you've obviously done your nails no good at all by trying out something you have no skills in.
Get yourself on a reputable training course - there's a great section on training on here. Or use the search option.
This is a site for PROFESSIONALS, who've spent £££££'s on training and you are unlikely to get any other kind of response to anything unless you have made some sort of attempt at actually paying & doing some REAL training.
We nail techs use some very strong chemicals, that in the wrong hands (un-trained & un-skilled) can cause lots of damage & problems you will know nothing about.
You have obviously got an interest in nail enhancements, and to be fair to you - have told us you have no proper training. But be fair to yourself & be more fair to our industry & get yourself on a quality course with CND, EzFlow or NSI to name but a few. You'll be gald you did and could end up becoming a full time nail technician.

I have to agree with everything that has already been said, if you have the enthusiasm for nails get some proper training, you will be surprised how much you learn and how much you enjoy it.

I could not agree more with Lou (above)

Your nail plates look very traumatised too from what I can see, this should not be the case, you've obviously done your nails no good at all by trying out something you have no skills in.
Get yourself on a reputable training course - there's a great section on training on here. Or use the search option.
This is a site for PROFESSIONALS, who've spent £££££'s on training and you are unlikely to get any other kind of response to anything unless you have made some sort of attempt at actually paying & doing some REAL training.
We nail techs use some very strong chemicals, that in the wrong hands (un-trained & un-skilled) can cause lots of damage & problems you will know nothing about.
You have obviously got an interest in nail enhancements, and to be fair to you - have told us you have no proper training. But be fair to yourself & be more fair to our industry & get yourself on a quality course with CND, EzFlow or NSI to name but a few. You'll be gald you did and could end up becoming a full time nail technician.

I agree with what Bev and everyone else has said, you need to get yourself some proper training as doing this without it can be very harmful to you and other people, if you are putting enhancements on other people and something goes wrong they may try to sue you, if that happens you wont have a leg to stand on as you wont be able to get insurance without the proper training. I know that it may seem that we areall coming down on you but we have all spent £££££'s on our training so that we can work on the public safely, to have an unqualified untrained person ask us our opinion on a set of nails that they have done is quite frankly an insult to us. If you are passionate about nails and really want to make a career out of it then i suggest that you do a search for reputable training companies such as CND, EZflow, Young Nails etc. I hope that you are not offended by our opinions, and i really do hope that you either a) go back to your nail tech and let her do your nails in future or b) get some training and make yourself a wonderful career, good luck in whatever you decide.
Jo.xxx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back