First day, no clients!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glitter nails

Reaction score
i had my first day doing nails today (well I didn't actually do any nails:() I spent all day "looking busy" even though the salon was really busy, no one wanted their nails done. Any advice on how I can get people in or what to do you do when you have no clients?
Or even how everyone else's first day went when they first started?

I have a home salon so no passing business however it can take a while to build up custom. Are you employed or self employed?
If self employed then how are you advertising?

This is normal.... I worked 7 days a week when I first stated... Just keep advertising your work. Don't stress xx

On my first day of opening my brand new salon, my first booked client was a no-show.
I was all ready for her and had a wee ceremony planned .....and I just wanted to cry.
She's a regular now, but she'll never know how disappointed she made me feel.
It all takes time !!

I'm renting a nail station in a salon, to be fair I didn't expect to get the space nor did I think I would start so soon, so all my business cards and flyers/ pricelist haven't arrived yet and may still be another week! Smart people plan and order their stuff and have everything ready before they start haha. So what I'm kind of stuck on what to do?

Get a FB page set up and get advertising. Ask the salon to advertise for you too.

Facebook / instagram get a few mates and invite them in (bums on seats- no one needs know they are you friends! ) then ask them in return they tag your name and business name on social media x

Offer free hand massages to the clients that are coming in, then they might book for a manicure of polish.

Latest posts

Back