First greys :( :( :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojomojo22

Reaction score
Ok so I was on the train last week,and came across, not one, not two, not three, but FOUR little greys/white hairs sprouting from my very roots, underneath the first layer of hair nearest to my right eye.

I thought I was seeing things, but no, they ARE grey :(

I am only 22 - turn 23 at the end of april.

Everyone's telling me not to worry, and that it's probably stress related... but it's not helping.

Can any hairdresser tell me.. could this mean I'm going to go all over grey in the next few years.
I could cry!!!!!

It is normal to have a few greys start in your 20's

Nobody can predict the rate at which your hair will go grey as you age, it is genetically programmed. It varies widely from person to person.

Please stop crying, we have buckets of hair dye, you never need to actually go grey, being dramatic over a natural process which happens to every human being is not gonna help your "stress" levels.

lol and wait for the grey hairs on your pubic area !!!!! I went grey there many years ago but only started with the odd grey head hair in the last year !!!! ooooh and white eyelashes and eyebrows and underarm hair !!!!!

lol and wait for the grey hairs on your pubic area !!!!! I went grey there many years ago but only started with the odd grey head hair in the last year !!!! ooooh and white eyelashes and eyebrows and underarm hair !!!!!

Thats something to REALLY look forward to!:lol:

You need a minikini then....or a Hollywood:green:

I know was hoping to win the minikini kit but alas it was not to be !!!!

This is terrible.

This poor girl is sobbing in her bathroom over greh hair, probably sitting there with hair dye on as we speak......

And we are all sniggering about pubes going grey. She is checking them right now........

Shame on us. Heh heh

This is terrible.

This poor girl is sobbing in her bathroom over greh hair, probably sitting there with hair dye on as we speak......

And we are all sniggering about pubes going grey. She is checking them right now........

Shame on us. Heh heh

sorry just snorted wine down my nose.......................................

Ok so I was on the train last week,and came across, not one, not two, not three, but FOUR little greys/white hairs sprouting from my very roots, underneath the first layer of hair nearest to my right eye.

I could cry!!!!!

Was this from the reflection in the train window ?
if so please dont go checking out the rest of the other bits mentioned in the train window :lol: :lol: :smack:

seriously though dont worry about them
sometimes they actually turn back dark again , mine did naturally BTW Honest :) minky

Thanks for your , ''encouraging'' words lol.

When i said i could cry, i was being dramatic - it's just a bit of a shock to see a couple of greys at 22. I thought that kind of thing happened in your late thirties, my mum didn't get any till 35 and my dad till about 38 so he says.

And I must admit - I have a fear, with is quite immature, of ageing in general, so seeing the grey was definitely scary.

I must sound very silly but hey i'm being honest lol

x

Jo Jo I am sorry your 22 and at your age I to would have gone screaming to the hills if I found grey hairs. I have had grey hairs in the past that have miraculously started to 'regrow' my natrual brunette...............very odd !!!

My mom and 60 is still brunette with just a smattering of grey where as my sister has to die her hair as she is very grey, at 40 I am only know getting the odd one or two on my head but the rest of my body is making up for it !!!

try not to worry about it xxxx

Everyone's telling me not to worry, and that it's probably stress related... but it's not helping.

Can any hairdresser tell me.. could this mean I'm going to go all over grey in the next few years.
I could cry!!!!!

dont know why your winging missus....im mr silver fox and im only 21 :eek::lol::lol:

At least you being a female can have a blue rinse years down the line when your queuing for your old age pension at the post office...us blokes just have to put up with it.:irked:

Still better than being as bald as a baby's bum :eek::lol:

dont know why your winging missus....im mr silver fox and im only 21 :eek::lol::lol:

At least you being a female can have a blue rinse years down the line when your queuing for your old age pension at the post office...us blokes just have to put up with it.:irked:

Still better than being as bald as a baby's bum :eek::lol:

:lol: Hey Collin men like you look better with silver hair , just look at Richard Gere and Mrs Clooneys Hubby hes got steely grey hair now and is looking sexier than ever ,

most men look good with silver or steely hair and the more silver the sexier my 20 year old Daughter says she Fancy's George and Richard even more with silver hair:eek: .

It seems women are not socially allowed to look sexy with it :rolleyes: with the exception of Meryl Streep that is in Devil Wears Prada :green: I thought she really suited it and looked great in that movie

My hair did get lots of silvery strands in it at 22 just like catsaremad and but it did revert back to normal again until I was 34 .... so it can alter , jojomojo and now I still haven't got as many as George Clooney :lol:
us poor ladies are told by our other ladies and our kids to get our roots done.

The pressure gets put on us Gals so there's little chance of us turning into sexy 21 year old Sliver ladies :rolleyes:

When I am an old age pensioner and hopefully Silver all over I am going to have fun and become an eccenteric old bat with a bright purple rinse and wear a bright pink beret with a bobble on top and have big wicker shopping basket on wheels to put my ltttle pet puggies in :hug: and I am going to get a Tatto where it hasn't sagged so it wont be a faded one, then spend all my money I haven't got so Alistair Darling can't get it , and I guess that was too much info lol :lol:

Last edited:
minky, have u and collin been sharing a bottle of wine? it is after 6 o clock lol

i always said if i get to 70 im gonna get a dragon all down me arm

minky, have u and collin been sharing a bottle of wine? it is after 6 o clock lol

i always said if i get to 70 im gonna get a dragon all down me arm

Tee hee Kimi , I am gonna blame Collin always swinging that Ginger tail of his , its hypnotizing :eek:
he always brings out the naughty side in the ladies on here , just ask the others ? blame the Silver fox :lol: :lol:

silver fox indeed!!!!

what a bad influence!!! like a bunch of giggling school girls, with the talk of pubes, blue and purple rinses....and im not going to ask what the minikini is...

:lol: Hey Collin men like you look better with silver hair , just look at Richard Gere and Mrs Clooneys Hubby hes got steely grey hair now and is looking sexier than ever ,

most men look good with silver or steely hair and the more silver the sexier my 20 year old Daughter says she Fancy's George and Richard even more with silver hair:eek: .
lol...I as ahead of my time cos,apart from one disaster when I tried some of that rubbish grey to black stuff when my hair went red ...ive been going grey since like 18yrs old......these film stars were all dying there hair...remember it was Richard Gere who first took the plunge and stopped dying his hair and showed us how grey he really was....I have to say he looks pretty good with the silver...the other one that came out of the closet was my look a like ,ish,TV presenter chappy(no not the news at ten coloured guy :rolleyes:...you know...the game show and x DJ dudey...its on the tip of my tongue ...whats his name...hes not an A1 star so slips my mind :rolleyes:

silver fox indeed!!!!

what a bad influence!!! like a bunch of giggling school girls, with the talk of pubes, blue and purple rinses....and im not going to ask what the minikini is...
Hey Kim...silver fox I may be but...red tinsel head im not LOL :eek::lol::lol::hug:

Collin, admit it, you are jealous.

I won't tell anyone you PM'ed me to ask where you could get one similar....oops it just slipped out :green::green::green:

and do you mean philip schofield???? hes one heck of a silver fox!!!!

Latest posts

Back