First pics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

booweeza

Reaction score
Hi all

I am due to start the CND foundation course next month, but my husband (bless him) decided to buy me some EN courses to keep my occupied until them. I have been hesitant to start them as I really don't want to pick up any bad habits (not from the EN course, but just because I don't have someone in front of me to slap :smack: me if I keep doing something wrong, hehe), but yesterday I was too bored being at home sick so I pulled them out!

Anyhoo, here are my 2 l&p sculpture attempts (i did a couple of gel ones before this, but I really wasn't happy with them and would be ashamed to show them, hehe).

The one on the left I did today, the one on the right I did yesterday. Smile lines are a bit weird (shame) and I know what people mean when they say "you will have to do LOTS of filing to start off with because they will be so thick" :eek:. I also have a bad case of bubbles from today... :lol:
I tried to do some 'down the barrell' shots but they kept on coming out blurry.

Don't worry, I won't be practising on real people until my CND course. :green:

Critique welcome. Be gentle... hehe.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b182/booweeza/front.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b182/booweeza/sideview.jpg

wow they look great!
whats EN course?
where did you get your nail trainer from?

EN = Essential nails.
Theres quite a few threads around about it. The nail trainer is from them too. I came home from 6 weeks overseas and he had bought it all for me while I was away.
Talk about a little toooo supportive. Hehe, kidding. He's great. He can't wait for me to do my course.

I'm from Hamilton too! Lived there right up until 16 then moved to Wellz for uni. Been here ever since (but moving to Christchurch next month, just before my course)

Cheers!

gee what a supportive husband!! i wish i had someone to buy all my stuff lol....
i'll have to check EN out online...are they from NZ?

on the front view, i like the smile to the left better. it's a little bit happier :green:

on the side view, the top one has a hump? like you were a little heavy handed gliding over and pulled your stress area forward. the stress area looks nice on the bottom one.

good job though! did you use 2 different color whites? they're a shade different on my monitor

So these are scuplts?? They look fab. I think the smiles look great, but it looks like you've pulled a bit of pink over the white in some spots. Build a ledge with your white & butt the pink up to it. Well done.

Thanks for your advice twinkletoes
I think it might just be the photo, they are the same shade. I think I need lessons in photo taking, haha.
I prefer todays smile line as well, hehe.

Thanks again!

Thanks beautynails, will watch that in the future.

Sthrncomfort, I think EN are from the states? Someone may be able to confirm that for me. The lady in the dvds is definately from the states though. HTHs.

just think, if you improved this much in a day... you'll improve so much more after your creative classes! (i'm saving up $$ to take some creative classes of my own:green: )

I know, the saving up can be a bit hard on the ol bank account. I have no doubt it will be worth it in the end though :green:

Can't wait!

EN = Essential Nails, and I'm pretty sure they are UK based.

Thanks grafxgal
Hubby just got home and told me that as well.

smile a bit lopsided on the right nail, but looks like you are well on your way, wait till you do a real finger (it's a different story with less than perfect nail beds to work on), if only every client had nail beds like these placky unrealistic fingers........ good luck

They are very good, they look as if they would have a good line of light.

The one on the right of the top pic seems to have uneven side walls, you'll learn more about this at creative. Thanks for posting! x x x

smile a bit lopsided on the right nail, but looks like you are well on your way, wait till you do a real finger (it's a different story with less than perfect nail beds to work on), if only every client had nail beds like these placky unrealistic fingers........ good luck

Yes, I agree. The nail trainer nails are well... very consistant, smooth... and TOTALLY unrealistic. They are hell creepy too...
Dreading when I get nail beds like mine... heh heh.

But you make a great point, and thats exactly why I am not touching someone elses nails until doing my course.

Thanks for the advice on yesterdays smile line. Will defintely work on getting them happily smiling away.

Thanks louiser, I appreciate the comments. Will work on the sidewalls as well. By the way, is that your actual name? (I only ask because mine is Louisa).

Cheers all!

My real name is Louise! My surname begins with r, Louise was already taken. Everyone calls me Bob though, x

they are good for your first attempt! if i could get my first ones to look like that, id be chuffed :green:

Latest posts

Back