First spray tan done :-)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teens1974

Reaction score
Hi All

Well last night I did my first spray tan with my newly arrived Nouvatan kit and I loved it

Was v v nervous setting up and I could see my model was nervous as well. I did it for free as I was so scared it would go wrong lol

Anyways on the whole it went really really well, she seemed happy, though i will see her in the harsh daylight at work today which will be the true test......

BUT I do have a couple of questions if I may

Firstly the hose, when I attached it to the machine and the bottle it didnt slot all the way into the holes, I pushed the ends in as far as I could and it wasnt loose but is this normal?

And I had a job setting the spray part, I used tissue paper but first time it was really heavy mist and then i moved the dial and it got lighter. But I do think perhaps it was a bit too light when I sprayed my client. Does anyone have any comments on this that may help me please....

But on the whole a good job, I soon settled into it and love doing it and it didnt seem to take me too long

Oh and folding the tent back up was a mare lol

thanks for the help

T x

Okay, first things first...well done you!!! Thats the first tan done and may it be the first of many for you! Nouvatan is lovely :)
-The hoses dont go all the way onto the ends..just push them in as far as you can so its snug fitting..
-The screw at the back of the gun..tighten it right up turning clockwise. Mark the 12 oclock position with a dab of nail varnish, then turn screw anticlockwise till the mark is at about the 20 to the hour spot. Try this on the couch roll..it should spray a stripe of colour on the top layer of the paper and leave the underneath layer dry.It may need a teensy bit of tweeking, but thats where most of us have our guns set.It varies slightly according to the solution you use . Nothing else should need playing with as I know Steve sets the other bits up on the gun before they send them out! ie the brass nut at the front of the trigger/needle.
-The tent thing...have a look at youtube..there are a couple of methods..try them both and see which one your tent likes..and no, Im not joking..apparently its something to do with which way the steel comes off the roll or something like that..
Good luck, and if you need anymore help, just ask ...the geeks here are all very helpful, whatever your questions.. xx

Well done! I'm new at spray tanning aswell and I still get a bit nervous when doing them but absolutely love it! The tents a bit tricky my bf had to put mines down for me the first few times! Lol. Good luck and have fun tanning! X

Okay, first things first...well done you!!! Thats the first tan done and may it be the first of many for you! Nouvatan is lovely :)
-The hoses dont go all the way onto the ends..just push them in as far as you can so its snug fitting..
-The screw at the back of the gun..tighten it right up turning clockwise. Mark the 12 oclock position with a dab of nail varnish, then turn screw anticlockwise till the mark is at about the 20 to the hour spot. Try this on the couch roll..it should spray a stripe of colour on the top layer of the paper and leave the underneath layer dry.It may need a teensy bit of tweeking, but thats where most of us have our guns set.It varies slightly according to the solution you use . Nothing else should need playing with as I know Steve sets the other bits up on the gun before they send them out! ie the brass nut at the front of the trigger/needle.
-The tent thing...have a look at youtube..there are a couple of methods..try them both and see which one your tent likes..and no, Im not joking..apparently its something to do with which way the steel comes off the roll or something like that..
Good luck, and if you need anymore help, just ask ...the geeks here are all very helpful, whatever your questions.. xx

Oh wow!!! that is so so so helpful, thank you very much. I managed to get it ok (ish) in the end by fiddling about with the gun end but i dont want to have to do that every single time i tan. you are an angel

x

i made my mate who got the tans friends do the tent whilst i was packing everything else up, it was comical to watch to be honest lol I will you tube and practice :)

Well done!!! Hahaha, reminds me when I had trouble getting my tent down - took me about 10 attempts and I have to admit is was easier watching a YouTube video. Have to agree with one of the other posters about finding out which method your tent likes best - it's like they have a life of their own!!! :D

Latest posts

Back