FISH PEDICURE - Live on This Morning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can you watch it on ITV catch up? or see if its on utube?

There has been a photo posted on the other This morning thread, where it is just about the crystals, i dont think the photo does the crystals justice. On the show holly's look great but i also thought the same about maybe doing just the big toe in crystals and others in silver polish.
x

I saw a lot of fish eating dead skin when i was in Thailand. It seemed like if you could fit 2 seats and a fish tank in your shop everyone was doing it.
My friends had it done and said it was horrible. I had it done naturally when I was snorkelling and a fish kept nibbling my ankle where I had a scab, it was not a nice feeling at all.

I was doing a client's manicure a few months ago and she was telling me how she'd had this done somewhere in London (I think!) and she'd had a sore, itchy rash all the way up to her knee ever since. She showed me and it looked like ringworm so I told her to go to the doctors. She has told me since that the doctor diagnosed a fungal infection - all the way from the tip of her toes to her knee!!!!!! :eek:

That's put me off LOL x

I had one of these pedicures a couple of months ago and i have to say it felt amazing! It took me a few of my 10 minutes to actually get my feet in the water! but once in it was great, very ticklish. My feet were soft afterwards but think i needed more than the 10 min "taster session" to get the most benefit.
watching the This Morning section it looked to me like the fish weren't very hungry..or were shellshocked from the journey...poor little fishies! they generally swarmed all over peoples feet (not just mine!) especially when they were first put in the tank.
We have 2 places in Sheffield now, a new one opened last week. I was offered a franchise but was worried it would just be a fad and maybe 3 salons on the same side of the city may be oversaturating a little. The outlay was fairly expensive too. I was also a little worried about the cross contamination aspect as well although i was assured it wasn't an issue...but they would say that wouldn't they!

x x

Poor fish, thats what i say, some of the feet ive had to do over the years.:eek:

Fish Pedicure - I had this done in Bangkok, Thailand back in March and I can honestly say that there was no difference to my feet at all in any way. The hard skin was still hard skin. It was quite relaxing but then so is putting your feet in a bowl of water. Personally I wouldnt recommend it for a pedicure having to go 2 days later to get a proper one done. It was not cheap (even in Bangkok) and I am pretty sure that it is illegal in some states in America because of cross contamination. It is quite gross actually and a little scary. I wanted to try it as I had read about it but at the same time I was thinking about all the other feet that had been in the same tank of water that my feet were in - yuck!!! Never to be repeated and what a waste of money :irked:

i seen the fish pedicure on This Morning, and they had it on Loose Women last week too. (I have a 3 month old son hense daytime tv overload!) dont think I would like it done though!!

Latest posts

Back