Fish Pedicure!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, because it's unhygienic and poses a health risk due to cross infection.

Aside from that, I do not want a live animal eating my skin. Eww!

But if you want to try it, you'd better be quick as there are moves to ban it in the UK and Ireland.

ha ha at the live animal (??) eating my skin comment, Velveteen. :hug: Appy feet use fish that do not have teeth, they have strong jaws (from what I heard) that nibble away the dead skin so if you are not breaking the skin there would be no risk of cross infection, UNLESS someone has a contageous skin condition that is spread via contact. However, surely the company will have measures in place to prevent this either through assessing the feet before allowing the client to go in or putting somethin in the water that is not toxic to the fish?

There is one in the trafford centre and people queue up about 40 minutes before it is open so they are first to go in! Good call I say. I have seen this particular firm at work and there were people in there who didn't have the fish go anywhere near their feet!

looked gross to me when I saw it - and apparently they dont make much headway on feet during the alloted session you get in the shops.
surely pampering with perfumed luxury products is pref to this !!:!:

Has anyone had it done and not seen a difference in their feet? I'd need a shark on my feet to get rid of my hard skin :cry:

My husband had it done in Thailand, couldn't keep his feet in long enough to make a difference as it tickled so much...

Cant see the problem really, sure it is a lot cleaner than the sea, and there's a lot more than just fish pooping in there... & how many people put their head in the sea let alone their feet EWWWW

Im sure I pick up far worse from my pets.

Washing feet before & after sounds the best idea to me.

I wouldn't mind having it, I love being tickled & if I can feed the starving at the same time so much the better:lol:

I don't know if I fancy this or not it's so bizarre lol

I have just returned from a holiday in Tenerife and there was a shop there doing fish pedicures ! I was fascinated but I didnt fancy having it done, They were sanitising peoples feet before they were placed in the tanks and apparently the water is changed daily. It still didnt encourage me to have it done though I think I will stick to the traditional methods !:lol:

I have just returned from a holiday in Tenerife and there was a shop there doing fish pedicures ! I was fascinated but I didnt fancy having it done, They were sanitising peoples feet before they were placed in the tanks and apparently the water is changed daily. It still didnt encourage me to have it done though I think I will stick to the traditional methods !:lol:

FEED THE STARVING FISHEEESSSS:lol:

They were sanitising peoples feet before they were placed in the tanks QUOTE]

That's good to hear! I'd be a bit miffed if I paid for it and didn't have the fish gum away at my feet though. At least with a pedicure you know you're getting your feet done for definite.

These pedicures are now banned in California :( I kinda wanted to try it. Sounded pretty neat!

These pedicures are now banned in California :( I kinda wanted to try it. Sounded pretty neat!

Why have they banned them in California?

Visage aesthetic and beauty clinc Tavistock Devon 01822 614797 will have it from the middle of October, the water goes thro alot of filters and a uv sanitation system that's how there is not cross infection, it's not just a tank!!

Visage aesthetic and beauty clinc Tavistock Devon 01822 614797 will have it from the middle of October, the water goes thro alot of filters and a uv sanitation system that's how there is not cross infection, it's not just a tank!!

Is this your salon? They are actually quite cheap to get in and you can either buy, rent or profit share them. Had a look at the website that advertises on here, very intriguing indeed.

I went into the Happy Feet in Derby and gave it a go and have to say, as a fish keeper, I was totally impressed at the huge amount of filtration and cleanliness of the tanks. You do have to soak your feet first and get a nice fluffy clean towel for afterwards. Although you sign forms they take your word for it your feet are in good health. Its a peculiar sensation as dozens of the Garra's gnaw away and for the first minute the tickling was almost unbearable and I seriously felt I might pee myself laughing :lol: It is a fab experience though, very clean and you do end up with a big smile on your face when you leave, exactly as you should after any service!

Latest posts

Back