Fish Pedicure!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicsnailz

Reaction score
:DHave any of you fellow geeks ever had a Fish Pedicure?
I have seen it on the internet and there is a place in Sheffield called Appy Feet that do it. I would love to try this (so would my mum!) I'm wondering if there is anywhere more local that do these. I'm in Bristol. Any help would be great.
Cheers

No, because it's unhygienic and poses a health risk due to cross infection.

Aside from that, I do not want a live animal eating my skin. Eww!

But if you want to try it, you'd better be quick as there are moves to ban it in the UK and Ireland.

well i've never even heard of this but i'd like to see what it is out of sheer curiousity x

I'll go in and have a nosey for you at the weekend if you want, but I don't fancy having it done!

Hi,
I had two in Thailand a couple of weeks ago! First I was sceptical but I was proved wrong.
You would sit for 30 minutes depending on how many fishes are in the bowl (aquarium).
I have never, ever had such neat cuticles!!!! They looked perfect!
The fish is originally from Turkey, it´s called Garra Rufa.
It is also referred to as Doctor Fish as they have an enzyme that heals all sorts of skin disorders, I have been doing some research and read a lot about people with psoriasis and other exzema that have been helped tremendously.

I thoght it was a great experience and is trying to import some for myself! I loved it!

Yuck! They got it banned here in the states. Even if the water gets switched for each person (which is hard on the fish) it is still gross cuz those fish are gonna poop other peoples dead skin while they're eating yours. It made my skin crawl when I saw it on TV!!
Posted via Mobile Device

I´m getting the fish only for me btw...

I'll go in and have a nosey for you at the weekend if you want, but I don't fancy having it done!
if you do i'd love to know what you thought :eek:

Last edited:
:DHave any of you fellow geeks ever had a Fish Pedicure?
I have seen it on the internet and there is a place in Sheffield called Appy Feet that do it. I would love to try this (so would my mum!) I'm wondering if there is anywhere more local that do these. I'm in Bristol. Any help would be great.
Cheers

OMG i heard about this ages ago and just sorta laughed it off! didnt actually realise people were offering this service in the UK.

Just out of curiosity i had to have a look on youtube to see someone actually having it done. Theres no way i could bear all them little fish chomping on my feet. As soon as one of them come anywhere near me i would have my foot out of the bowl for sure lol. In fact i'd probably scream as well lol

if you do have done please let us know what it was like! - i just cant imagine it being an enjoyable treatment!

Jodie x x

Muhahahahaha.... Jamie says he'll give it a go this weekend! I couldn't have it done. Yuck. But he has got (by his own admission!) minging feet and would love it done... watch this space....

Fish Pedicure will be available at The Barn from 23rd September, we are in Badgworth in Somerset, about 20 miles from Bristol. To contact us send us a email or through Facebook "The Barn". [email protected]

I saw it today in the middle of Wood Green shopping centre in North London! Needless to say it was dead to the world! So unhygienic!

I've had it done actually at an Appy Feet in the Trafford Centre and one at Camden Locks.
It was great - my feet felt fantastic after and it certainly wasn't an unpleasant feeling, a bit tickly!!
I cant help thinking though that it might just be one of those passing fads, i'm not sure that it will take over from the good old pedicure.
Its definately one of thise things that you'll love or hate!
:)

I was reading about this tonight. Though I had heard of it, I didn't know anywhere which done the fish pedicure. I do now, lol
A beauty therapist who has a place in a gym had a huge piece in the paper tonight about it.
Apparently she checks peoples feet for verucas and fungus. If the feet are clear they place their feet in a large tank with loads of tiny fish, some as small as a little finger nail. The therapist charges £1 a min. However she recommends at least 20-40mins. Stating 40mins is best as you really notice a difference.
Nothing was mentioned re-hygiene or how the tank/water was cleaned etc.
I have the paper if you would like me to send it to you.
She said she imported the fish from Turkey.

If you google image it there are pics of people with their whole body in the tank :eek:! A friend has actualy just posted pics of her honey moon on her facebook of her having it done, she was in tenerief, ill ask her what it was like!x

I've had one, just out of curiosity really. made my hubby go first though lol
It does feel a bit weird, sort of like having a hair brush massage your feet iygwim

They are ALL over Sheffield, seems every hair and beauty salon are getting them. i can think of 5 of the top of my head. There is also Appy Feet In Meadowhall and I know of at least one other salon that is soley (sorry lol) for fish pedicures

One of my customers had it done at the Trafford center in Manchester, as much as it creeped me out a bit her feet were fabulous when I did her pedicure, no hard skin at all, she has been on holiday since and when she got back her feet were still hard skin free...

hiya, im having this done on saturday!! me and my friend are going shopping in manchester so were going to try it out...so i will let u no n try n put some pics up if i can :)

If you look on the appy feet website it tells u all info n where abouts they are.

xxx

I would love to try it as well!!

About hygiene, sometimes I think people started to freak out a little bit about everything..
The dirtiest thing ever is money ;) and nobody seems to care, nobody disinfects it. How about public transportation? Door handles in public places?
Honestly, I do not think that average person taking care of feet is more sick than average person walking on the street..

Relax, in everything you do is a bit of risk and not every contact with disease means you get it. Immune system has to get a chance to fight a little, so as long as I am not a risk-person, with suppresed immune system I do not care too much. Hygiene for comfort - yes, please. That is enough for me.
But I must say even fish pooping in tank do not scare me, at the and it is all about proteins ;).

Must lok for it here :D

kasik - couldnt have said it better my self! :) i cant wait to try it.

And if you go on the website it tells you about how they clean them etc.

xxx

Latest posts

Back