Fitness DVD's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just bought the Rosemary Conley GI fitness DVD and it's great because the steps are so simple ... I'd get lost in one of those dance ones, spend too much time trying to get the steps right and not building up a sweat! the music is fab and caters for all levels of fitness and how far you want to push yourself. It comes in 3 sections - cardio, salsa and toning, so you can do as much or as little as you want depending on how much time you have. And what I find is fab is that rather than feeling like a puffed out corpse at the end of it I am actually pumping and full of energy!

can any one recomened one that i can sit on the settee with a chocci bikki and cuppa tea and still exercise..:lol::lol::lol:

I am a right lazy cow and believe that if i think hard enough about exercise i will be heathier and loss weight at the same time, then after 2 weeks get right upset cos i have lost nothing:eek:

can any one recomened one that i can sit on the settee with a chocci bikki and cuppa tea and still exercise..:lol::lol::lol:

I am a right lazy cow and believe that if i think hard enough about exercise i will be heathier and loss weight at the same time, then after 2 weeks get right upset cos i have lost nothing:eek:

Ha ah, we obviously belong to the same club:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have just bought the Rosemary Conley GI fitness DVD and it's great because the steps are so simple ... I'd get lost in one of those dance ones, spend too much time trying to get the steps right and not building up a sweat! the music is fab and caters for all levels of fitness and how far you want to push yourself. It comes in 3 sections - cardio, salsa and toning, so you can do as much or as little as you want depending on how much time you have. And what I find is fab is that rather than feeling like a puffed out corpse at the end of it I am actually pumping and full of energy!

Sassy this one sounds great to me, but do you have to jump a lot and move fast kind of thing which I couldnt do? thanks hun xx

In the summer I went to our local gym. I lost about 4-5 inches round my muffin top and only lost about 4-5 lbs! That was purely with power walking on the treadmill for 45 minutes a few times a week ... no running, no situps! They warned me that this would happen because although you are losing fat, you are also building muscle which weighs more than fat. I took measurements each week and rarely went on the scales as I was more interested in losing flab rather than weight! Can't say I ate any less, or changed my diet much ... I find dieting much harder to cope with than exercising a few times a week ... i lurve my food!

Sassy this one sounds great to me, but do you have to jump a lot and move fast kind of thing which I couldnt do? thanks hun xx
You are ALWAYS best checking with your doctor first if you have a medical problem. However what she has are 5 people behind her doing the routine. one of them does the routine as high impact, and another does it as a very low impact with no jumping at all. Even the floor routine is shown at different levels. I've never been a fan of RC as i can't stand her voice, but I have to say this one really impressed me .... no silly gimics, or complicated moves (although the salsa is a bit tricky in places) just good old fashioned working out!

Just watching the ads for them tires me out:lol:

Sorry hun, they are on the way to me as we write.
xxxx

LOL I meant babydollmama as she started thread in November wanted to see which one she went for in the end :lol:

Ive bought two since new year both are awful :eek:

One was The Dirty Dancing Workout, - OMG cheesy moves & elevator music, took that back to HMV.

Other was the new Ministry of Sound Workout which is basically just boxercise ? Don't like it at all !!

You are ALWAYS best checking with your doctor first if you have a medical problem. However what she has are 5 people behind her doing the routine. one of them does the routine as high impact, and another does it as a very low impact with no jumping at all. Even the floor routine is shown at different levels. I've never been a fan of RC as i can't stand her voice, but I have to say this one really impressed me .... no silly gimics, or complicated moves (although the salsa is a bit tricky in places) just good old fashioned working out!

I have checked with the doctors, they told me I can do any exerice, but after I did I will be really embarreced cos the bladder problem, if you know what i mean:rolleyes: Where did you get yours from hunny? I am going to get one this weekend xx

Got mine from Woollies ... and yes I do know about the bladder problem :o !

Got mine from Woollies ... and yes I do know about the bladder problem :o !

Woollies? The clothing shop?? never know they are selling DVDs... need to check out. cheers hun xx:lol:

Woolworths! Sorry thought everyone knew it as Woollies! But you will get it in any DVD store, make sure you get the latest one though, it's only just come out.

Woolworths! Sorry thought everyone knew it as Woollies! But you will get it in any DVD store, make sure you get the latest one though, it's only just come out.

cheers hun, can u remember how much was it? xx

some of them are quite expensive, and you don't know how good they are.
I had a look through amazon to find mine. some of them have reviews at the bottom of the discription which I found helpful!!
xxxxxxxx

As we all seem to have so many different fitness dvd's :idea: why don't we swap and say after 1 week everyone posts the dvd onto the next person - at least this way you wouldn't get bored so quickly...

Bridget :)

I think this is a good idea, anyone else up for it?
xxxx

Hiya!
Just wandering whether anyone has tried lillia's latin body workout or the dirty dancing dvd or the jennifer ellison, westend workout, I'm looking at buying another one and wamdering which one to get?

thanks guys!!
x

I have just bought Latina size by Strictly come dancing's Lilia,it's fantastic !

I have to say though,i am a trained dancer but don't do it any more,for a complete novice it would be difficult imo .

I also have Lucy benjamins dancersize wich is more hip hop,however it is very like a traditional aerobic workout,wich isn't my cup of tea,hth.

Hiya!
Just wandering whether anyone has tried lillia's latin body workout or the dirty dancing dvd or the jennifer ellison, westend workout, I'm looking at buying another one and wamdering which one to get?

thanks guys!!
x

:green: Lol :green: Hth's hun x

I was going to buy the one Sassy bought, but when I went into the shop saw Vicky (Janice from Corry)'s WOW Workout was too impressed, so bought that one, its brilliant, its not too hard to follow and very good workout.:Grope:

Latest posts

Back