Fitness DVD's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babydollmama

Reaction score
Like most girls I'm always seduced into these celebrity fitness dvd's in the hope that after a week or two (lol) I'll look exactly like they do!!!

As I've got a small baby it's almost impossible to get to the gym or a class so I'm gonna attempt to put a dvd on a few times a week. The trouble is they just get so tedious after the first few viewings, you know the script word for word, decide you're gonna memorise the routine and do it without the dvd and then end up forgetting to do it and end up back at square one!!

Can anyone recommend any that really hold your interest and more importantly, DO THEY WORK?????? The only one I truly enjoyed doing was Geri Body yoga so if all else fails I'll dig that one out again!

Hi, can't believe I'm admitting this publically but the only ones which have worked for me are by Beverley Callard. Not her latest one, but the first two I found to be effective when done three times a week. Nell McAndrew's are good too but boy do you sweat! I also like my little trampette and putting on a good tune and jumping around on that! I have tried nearly all of them but always go back to Bev! Charlie Brooks from Eastenders also has quite a good one out.
If you've just had a baby, maybe you'd better check with your GP before you go for it!
Hope that helps! x

Most large leisure centres do offer a creche service so im surprised that your having trouble, maybe look around a bit more??? hmm I just dont find doing home exercises to a dvd works, nothing beats going to class, being pushed by the tutor hearing the thumping music and making new friends :)

I swear by the ministry of sounds pump it up dvd !!

Its very energetic but even now a year after buying it im still doing it every week (well try to!)

If you don't like dance music and energetic routines then its not for you, but its so much fun.

Well the Hotpants workout is really great .... as a coaster to put your drink on!!!!!!!!

Well i have got Jordans workout, its a good dvd but i must admit that i have never done it all the way through, i'm that tired after doing the warm up, i end up stopping after that! :rolleyes:

At the end there is also information on the jucing diet that she went on after having her baby.

I swear by the ministry of sounds pump it up dvd !!

Its very energetic but even now a year after buying it im still doing it every week (well try to!)

If you don't like dance music and energetic routines then its not for you, but its so much fun.

Im right there with you! I have all three of them and try to alternate them but you just never get bored of them! The Hi energy one i think is the hardest but you so notice a difference! The music is ace and i feel like a dancer in a music video when i do them!!!!!!!

Well i have got Jordans workout, its a good dvd but i must admit that i have never done it all the way through, i'm that tired after doing the warm up, i end up stopping after that! :rolleyes:

At the end there is also information on the jucing diet that she went on after having her baby.

Oh i also have that one but like you ive never done it all the way through! I think im a fitness dvd aholic!!

Oh i also have that one but like you ive never done it all the way through! I think im a fitness dvd aholic!!

I have Jordans too, I pushed myself all the way through it twice 2 days in a run, I couldnt get up after that for days!!

I would like to try the ministry of sound ones too but I never find the energy after work to push myself to do them!!

the power of three by davina is really good. you only do half hr 3 times a wk but is really effective and because its only half hr it can always be fiitted in.

Iv got the charlie brookes dvd..i did enjoy doing it but couldnt keep up in some places! the worse thing on the dvd i found was the star jumps

I did anglea griffins after I had my baby. I really enjoyed it and lost about 4 stone (+ eating very well !!) . I think they all work if you do them enough, I was doing it about 4-5 times a week while baby was asleep xx there is also an eating plan on there to help.

good luck with it xx

I've also got Jordans but never done it, I bought it when I was pregnant cos I was interested in the juicing bit.

Thanks so all your replies, I'm gonna check out some of these I think!!

hey!!
I've just brought the all star workout, And the hotpants one, I hope they can motivate me to keep doin them!! lol
I've got the jordan one but I get board of it so it's just gathering dust now.
I'll let you know what I think of the dvd's I've just brought wen I get them!!!
Hope your all ok!!
xxx

So did you get a fitness dvd then ??

Don't even try the Kate's Cardio Combat - kills you by the end of the warm up and very repetative (?sp). There was one dvd that I used to have that you could either do the 10 minute, 20 minute or 30 minute workout depending how much time you had, you'd probably only find it in bargin buckets now days it was with a corrie star.

As we all seem to have so many different fitness dvd's :idea: why don't we swap and say after 1 week everyone posts the dvd onto the next person - at least this way you wouldn't get bored so quickly...

Bridget :)

I have just bought Latina size by Strictly come dancing's Lilia,it's fantastic !

I have to say though,i am a trained dancer but don't do it any more,for a complete novice it would be difficult imo .

I also have Lucy benjamins dancersize wich is more hip hop,however it is very like a traditional aerobic workout,wich isn't my cup of tea,hth.

I was thinking to get a fitness DVD too, but wasnt sure what to get, I have bladder/kidney problem cant jump too much, anyone could recommend one which would suit me? I am desperately to losing weight. Thanks geeks, xx:hug:

Latest posts

Back