fitting forms?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heatherw55

Reaction score
Hi to you all
I am going to give sculpting a go tonite on a friend, i did one nail the other night and it went quite well. So going to give a whole set a go tonite!!! What i would like know is do you fit all 10 forms in one go, or should i fit a few at a time? I have read the tutorial think its all sunk in, but any more tips greatly appreicated. Wish me luck!!!! Heather x

heatherw55 said:
Hi to you all
I am going to give sculpting a go tonite on a friend, i did one nail the other night and it went quite well. So going to give a whole set a go tonite!!! What i would like know is do you fit all 10 forms in one go, or should i fit a few at a time? I have read the tutorial think its all sunk in, but any more tips greatly appreicated. Wish me luck!!!! Heather x
Hiya Heather,

I fit one form on at a time, starting at the pinkie then movibg on!! I just find that easier!!

Good Luck you will be fine

Amanda

Hi Heather, I do same as Lily...it is personal preference though...whatever works for you...I find that if all 10 forms are fitted (or 5) then the client will move her hands about and move form away from free edge, then it has to be refitted. Good Luck!

...to add to the above...make sure they are really snug under that free edge, seepage of l&p is pants

I got this on my first set :o lol...but not since....

Best of luch

As Louise has put above SNUG is the key word when fitting forms, Any gaps and it just dont work out.
I fit forms one at a time to save client knocking them out of place.

Hi
Thanks for all your replies!! I think that i shall go for doing one at a time, i was just a bit worried that if i take to long faffing around getting the form on, and i had just done a nail , i could end up with a rock hard brush, if you know what i mean. Just tryin to think to steps ahead to anything that may go wrong LOL !!!! Heather x

also heather, using curved scissors cut out a slight "u" shape if u r struggling to fit the form into low side walls.
liza

As Liza says,

Use curved scissors also if the client has wide nails, you can cut up and along, giving a better fit.

Michelle x

Yeps defo agree with cutting the form ... have been doing this yesterday and today ... with vastly improved results ... I know people say some nails are better tipped but I seem to sculpt better than use tips

I definately think there are some nails that just cannot be sculpted, like bitten nails but there are also nails that cannot be tipped, like hooked nails. I always prefer to sculpt, as i think the overall look is much nicer, more naturel, and i cannot believe how much more cost effective it is to sculpt rather than tip. And i get a sense that i have actually created something, a little work of art!

Michelle x

I always apply all 10 forms and instruct the client to not wave her hands about too much. It saves so much time to fit all 10 forms at once .... none of that stopping and starting all the time ... then you can just clash on and do the application .. SO quick and efficient. Forms should not be so badly fitted that they become loose.

Same with cutting Fabric# strips. Cut all 10 at once, lay them out like tips, and just apply them. You'll save at least 7 minutes or more on the service without reducing the quality of your work. You will be so much more efficient.

I fit 5 at a time ... starting with the clients right hand .. cause thats the one I do worse :| .. but if I do it first then there isnt so much difference .. .. but I also tell them I need them to sit still .. or they wigggle all over the place and end up with acrylic up to there elbow .. he he

Hi
I did my sister's nails the other day and decided to sculpt and I applied all ten at once. She did find it a bit awkward sitting there with them, but saves time faffing about later. Must admit I was pleased with the results, and would like to think I can do sculpting more often.

Regards
Deb379

I definately think there are some nails that just cannot be sculpted, like bitten nails but there are also nails that cannot be tipped, like hooked nails
I had a lady today who had hooked nails and had been to another salon and had a set of tips done ... the tips were at right angles to her nail!! Unbelieveable ... she didnt know any different until someone who comes to me told her otherwise ... oooh got a new client lol ... I sculpted her a set and she has gone away thrilled with a 2 week appointment :) - have to say considering her nails were hooked when I filed them shorter and sculpted they looked lovely she had beautiful nails and hands.

Hi to you all and thanks for so many replies and helpful tips!!!
Well i did my first set last night, and quite pleased with them for my first attempt!!!(she doesnt have to wear gloves LOL)
I went for fitting one form at a time,i didnt get any sepage. Just a bit worried as to how long they will last, seemed a bit thinner than when i do tips, but their again my friend said i am always complaining that my nails are too thick !!! next time i think i will try fitting 5 to see if i get any quicker. I also finished them with the brisa finishing gloss my friend was chuffed to bits with them, still loads of room for improvement(gonna put a 1-2-1 session on my xmas list LOL ). I cant wait to have another go( mother-in-law next time):eek: . Heather x

Latest posts

Back