Fixing uneven bleached hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So if this was a customer it would be so much easier to fix but since it's on myself and I can't see my entire head this has gotten me stumped and I hope to get some fresh advice!
My hair was previously virgin light to medium brown and was highlighted. My roots were about 2 inches when I bleached and toned my hair. Now the problem is where my hair was previously highlighted is pretty white and ashy and everything else that was previously light brown is sort of yellowish. I have tried to tone just the yellowish parts but there is still a difference in color. Not a huge difference but being a hairdresser and a perfectionist it's bothering me! Any advice on what I can do to even this out would be greatly apprecîated! :)

If it was a client, what would you do? No difference really.

Ask a colleague to fix it if you can't manage it yourself.

What would you use on a client and what have you used already that didn't work?

If it was a client I would go through the hair and tone all the yellowish parts individually, but since I can see my whole head that's impossible. I also have a home hair salon so no colleagues. The only other thing I was considering was to do a bleach bath to try to even it out a bit more then I can hopefully tone the whole head then?

Let's face facts. If you can't evenly tone what you've got you aren't going to be able to re bleach and tone evenly are you?

Your a walking advert for your job so go to a salon and get it done or find another hairdresser to treatment swap.

So if this was a customer it would be so much easier to fix but since it's on myself and I can't see my entire head this has gotten me stumped and I hope to get some fresh advice!
My hair was previously virgin light to medium brown and was highlighted. My roots were about 2 inches when I bleached and toned my hair. Now the problem is where my hair was previously highlighted is pretty white and ashy and everything else that was previously light brown is sort of yellowish. I have tried to tone just the yellowish parts but there is still a difference in color. Not a huge difference but being a hairdresser and a perfectionist it's bothering me! Any advice on what I can do to even this out would be greatly apprecîated! :)

Can u post a pic of it now?? Then we can have a better idea of if it needs bleaching up more or if a toner would work!? Sounds like your going to need too put a toner on the midlengths and ends but not the roots. But unless I saw a pic I couldn't help u with which ones or if ud need to lighten them more first x

Can u post a pic of it now?? Then we can have a better idea of if it needs bleaching up more or if a toner would work!? Sounds like your going to need too put a toner on the midlengths and ends but not the roots. But unless I saw a pic I couldn't help u with which ones or if ud need to lighten them more first x

The roots are yellow, the ends are white and ashy. Why would you recommend to tone the ends? To make them more yellow?

The roots are yellow, the ends are white and ashy. Why would you recommend to tone the ends? To make them more yellow?

Oh!! I thought she said her roots were white ends were yellow!! I didn't read it properly sorry I thought she said her roots came out clean but ends yellow. Well yes in that case obviously I wouldn't be saying to match up with yellow roots!?!? X

To take some of the toner out of the ends so they're not so drab why not lightener and water? Just next time you need to time make sure to check the ends and rinse it off there first.

Latest posts

Back