Flaky face in winter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautilashious

Reaction score
I have seen a thread on here but didn't find it helpful. My skin has gone really flaky. I use moisturiser either Nivea or clarins. They don't help, then when I put my make up on it looks cakey and more flaky.
Bad times, suggestions please...
Would a simple aqueous wash help sort this?

I have seen a thread on here but didn't find it helpful. My skin has gone really flaky. I use moisturiser either Nivea or clarins. They don't help, then when I put my make up on it looks cakey and more flaky.
Bad times, suggestions please...
Would a simple aqueous wash help sort this?

I'd suggest you move to a really caring and moisturising brand like Decleor, try to start with their cleanser and, if you can, ask for advice on a moisturiser - they have worked wonders on my dry flaky sensitive skin. And good luck xx

My advice would be to go to a good salon and get some professional brand skin care advice! My face was awful before I started to get pro stuff on it, also if you can get a facial first to start you off in the right direction xxx

Go to your nearest salon and get some professional advice x

Sounds like as well as getting some new skincare, you need a good exfoliation or even a micro dermabrasion facial xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Without seeing your skin it's difficult but my first inclination would be to suggest microdermabrasion. Not as harsh as it sounds (if it's done properly!), and it gets rid of the excess dry flaky skin, and allows your products to penetrate and work properly.

And yes get yourself onto some professional products. Good luck!!

My skin was the same untill I became a therapist and started issuing professional products :D microdermabrasion is amazing, really smoothed out my skin. I'd suggest having a treatment of that and start fresh with products. I love eminence as it's organic and found rvb good for my skin too

My skin always gets like this when winter comes around, exfoliation/skin scrub followed by a facial oil/moisturiser

The Decleor Neroli Aroma night balm is brilliant.

What actually is microdermabrasion? X

Latest posts

Back