Flaky scalp after bleach? Please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vics

Reaction score
Hya,

Two days after having my entire hair bleached, my scalp started to flake and is a bit itchy. The hair is ok, and is not even too dry, but the scalp I think is a little burnt, and therefore flaky. Do u think it can become a permanent type of eczema, or if not, how long will it take to get back to normal, as I've got oily hair? What can I do meanwhile? Also, how long should I wait to have another toner done? Super thank u xx

PS: I've had it done abroad - stupid me - so can't ask the hairdresser :(

If it does not ease up and gets worse, you need to go to the doctor.
You have done it on holiday, which country?
would be interested to know as even though in Europe we have banned the use of 18% peroxide, some coutries still use it, or in some hairdressers in european countries are still using it. This is propably, like you said, scalp that is chemically burned. In this case the itching would stop, when the skin has healed up. The lenght, well it just depends of the seriousness of the burn.
Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks Nora for your help,.... the panic is actually over, and the flakes pretty much all gone!

I had it done in Portugal and I'm afraid I have no idea of what products they used...

Just a question, do u know how long should I wait for a second toner? Super thank u again x

Toning up depends on the product you are going to use and the condition of your hair. My very best advise without seeing your hair;
You propably would be ok with toning with semi permanent cause there is no peroxide in it. However, from your first post it sounds as if they have put some pretty strong stuff on your hair, it could be a good idea to do couple of condition treatments before putting any more colour into your hair. I would say, talk to your hairdresser if you have someone you go regularly, if not, shop around some good reputable salons. You may have to pay a bit more, but ultimately you have already burned your scalp once, if you cause more damage, your hair might get damaged too, permanently this time. I wish y ou the very best of luck and hope that you find what you are looking for.

Latest posts

Back