Flat nail plate help needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrsnailamilo

Reaction score
Hi, guys nice to talk to you all again!! I have a little problem and I have tried everything to sort it and I'm at a loose.

My sister has worn l&p lasted 3 days with her, got off and went for a walk:lol:

So we applied brisa sculpts, did well for a few months always bad lifting! does no after care etc, don't have this problems with others?

Now 2 nails on one hand of brisa nails just came off again?:irked: so applied calgel nno and 1 sculpt on the middle nail, the same that never stayed on:irked: and 6 days later it's off:irked:

She types a lot, working in a school has really flat nail plates, does no aftercare, is it me what can I try next, she drives me up the wall help:hug:

Last edited:
What tips are you using hun,
flat nail beds are nightmare especially if you use the wrong tip,
if you have to force the tip to sit on the free edge then it is wrong for the nail, and pressure will force the tip up off the nail in time,
eclipse tips are good for flat nail beds.
Have you tried the pop its on your sister, they work well on flat nail beds hth

Hi hun hope your well!

Yes use the formation tips or sculpt with her, nno a lot of the times now with her, but still not staying on that middle nail? and alway bad lifting on most:irked:

I have had a play with the poppits never thought about using them on her, good idea, will try them!

Thanks Hun:hug: xx

If she's not doing aftercare, and not being cautious then it really doesn't matter what you do.
If everyone else is doing fine, then it's just her.
Don't do your head in.

Sometimes family/friends figure "oh, she's my friend/sis and it doesn't matter if I'm not careful cause she'll fix them for free".
I "fixed them" of that notion.
TAke care of them, or pay for the damage done, just like everyone else.

Explain to her the importance of aftercare and caution.
ALSO, IF the nails are damaged from repeat abuse, then the product will have problems adhering to the nail plate. So then you'll get more lifting etc... it's a circle.

Enhancements are a luxury. YES they are stronger than natural nails BUT they are not indestructible and still require appropriate care. If she's unable to care for them, then perhaps she is not suited to having them.

I once told a client that I didn't believe in nail damage and that my primary objective was good natural nail health.
I explained to her what I put above about a circle, and that I couldn't in good faith continue to apply enhancements if she was not going to care for them, and the end result was tearing of the natural nail plate because of repeat abuse. She seemed thoughtful. I suggested she think on whether she really wanted them. Damaged nails are NOT attractive and the whole point is for them to be attractive.
The next appointment.....
not one single nail broken. No damage.
She had seen the light.

And has been a model citizen ever since.:lol:

GIRL, BRISCA FROM creative or that other stuff nail for you is all acrylic based gels, they do life more easily then the other porus gels.
If your nail plate is naturally oily then it wont last , also statistically gels suit only 40% of ppl.
if you in London, feel free to ask me help u, i can do a set on your sister to see if its any different to the application, most my sets overlays last 5 weeks, my mom last till grow out. also does she chew bite her nails? use household detergents cleaners - check see if they use gloves or swim a lot or use a polish which prev thinned with acetone- it all makes difference to the lifting.

also statistically gels suit only 40% of ppl.

I'm sorry. I have to disagree with that and I'm sure MANY other technicians will do the same.
There are many of us that offer ONLY gels, and get on fantastically.
If what you said was fact, we'd lose a great deal of clients and wouldn't be able to make a business of it.

I'd be curious to know from where you got those 'statistics'.

Latest posts

Back