Flawless Pink CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Love

Reaction score
Just a quick question: I don't yet have any "custom" powders, (something I will be enquiring about today) but I do have a pot of "flawless pink" that I purchased from CND sometime ago. I have a habit (something I've always done though not sure whether I should) of "pulling" the pink over the white when smoothing the nail with my brush. This obviously creates a small layer of pink on the white, but with the flawless it makes the pink look "shady" over the white. Also should I do zones 2 and 3 with the flawless or just zone 2? I could have a play but I prefer to have a rough idea of what I should be doing with this. Is flawless one of the custom blends or did this arrive before hand? Thankyou

Hi there,
Yes, I think, you can use the flawless pink as a custom blend. You can build with it also the 2nd and the 3rd zone. If you "smess" up the white with your pink, try to use one of this method:
1. Build zone 1. Than build zone 2. Just press the ball to the sides, and wait for settle a bit. Press down also the margin, where zone3 will start. THAN smooth it out (this way, you dont shadowing the white, or if so, only a little bit, what you file down later.
2. Change steps: sculpt zone3 and zone2, THAN the free edge. Just be sure, there is no space btw zone1 and 2.

I hope you will find what works for you.

Rudnay Krisztina
CND Educator Europe

Körömépítés A-tól Z-ig

Flawless Powder is not now and never was meant to be used on its own as a coverage powder.

Flawless Powder was designed as a base colour for the technician to add other Perfect colour Powders to make a custom coloured powder to suit the individual client.

Flawless Powder used on it's own is not a colour that suits anyone very much. However with added white and say Melting pot you can make a lovely warm nail bed shade.

So, yes you can use it but you will need to add other CND colours to it to make it pretty for you.

There are three ways to cope with pulling your coloured powder over your white.

First, learn not to do it, by pressing your bead back toward the eponychium before you smooth forward.

2nd, use a lighter touch with your brush so you "smooth it but don't move it".

and 3rd, if you do pull some over the white then just remove it right away by sweeping over the area with your brush. It really could not be simpler. You don't have to leave it on the white.

Thankyou ladies :)
Like I said I did buy the product quite sometime ago,:rolleyes: think it was probably at my first trade show, when I knew even less than I think I know right now lol, but you know what those events are like; I think the first time I went I came back with all sorts of ideas and products :o but as soon as I used the flawless, I realised that it wasn't what I thought it was, and so it has been in my "spare nails draw" ever since.

I have contacted Katy from Liverpool today, and she has tried calling me back, the call was returned and I am awaiting another call from her now. I am so exited because, finally I have made the first step for the rest of my career with nails, and this time Im not giving up :) Hopefully, after an appointment/lecture with her I will be a lot wiser about different products and I cant wait :) I cant wait to learn where Im going wrong (so I can practice correctly) nor can I wait for that "kick up the backside" and become filled with motivation again :)

Thanks again to both of you :))

Thankyou ladies :)
Like I said I did buy the product quite sometime ago,:rolleyes: think it was probably at my first trade show, when I knew even less than I think I know right now lol, but you know what those events are like; I think the first time I went I came back with all sorts of ideas and products :o but as soon as I used the flawless, I realised that it wasn't what I thought it was, and so it has been in my "spare nails draw" ever since.

I have contacted Katy from Liverpool today, and she has tried calling me back, the call was returned and I am awaiting another call from her now. I am so exited because, finally I have made the first step for the rest of my career with nails, and this time Im not giving up :) Hopefully, after an appointment/lecture with her I will be a lot wiser about different products and I cant wait :) I cant wait to learn where Im going wrong (so I can practice correctly) nor can I wait for that "kick up the backside" and become filled with motivation again :)

Thanks again to both of you :))

Katie will get you sorted!! She's lovely.

Latest posts

Back