Flirties Glue - problems/reactions - what to do??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

victoriaGLO

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced problems with flirties expert strength glue??

I switched from LP as the longer shelf life was appealing and i saw good reviews on here. Well, I wish I never had.

Firstly I had one client who was fine with LP, and ok with flirties the first time if i little itchy (which she told me AFTER i used it a 2nd time..) 2nd time her skin had a severe reaction, itchy flaky red sore etc etc. it only started after about 12-48 hours so I thought this was odd, we thought maybe she had an eye infection as i thought an allergy would appear instantly???

Then a 2nd regular client was 'struck' with same symptoms, she too was ok with LP and with flirties a few times.

Now a 3rd exactly the same.

My hygiene proceedures are up to scratch and have not changed - neither have any of my other products, so it must be the glue surely.

Please can anyone give me advice what to tell this 3rd client?? she is a friend and being a real gem about it. i advised her to bathe them in cold water and take anti histamines, she said they are no longer itchy but still swollen/sore.
Do i take the lashes off? i'm thinking if eye lids are sore this may not help ?? she has just had a really full set on too and the lashes bond to hers incredibly well so to get them off wont be that easy i wouldnt have thought - i've never actually had to remove a set before.
I've never had any problems before, been lashing full time for more than 6 months so i'm gutted about this, its knocked my confidence severly and lost me atleast one client, and as most of my clients are friends with one another im very worried about the knock on affect.

needless to say i've gone back to LP glue.

I have had a similar problem with flirties expert strength, if i don't wear my glasses when I'm using it my eyes swell up and get really itchy and I have had one customer who had the same reaction. Luckily this is the only one so far (touch wood). Providing you are not getting any on the skin most people should be absolutely fine with it as long as you wait for it to dry completely before you ask them to open their eyes. It seems to be the fumes that are the problem for some reason. hth xx

I have to say I had a problem like this with my very first bottle of the fast set adhesive from Flirties. However, that said, since then I have had numerous bottles of the fast set with no problems whatsoever.

I did wonder if I had a "rogue" bottle. My clients have no issues with the glue at all now, so still not 100% sure what caused the problems.

Make sure it isn't the tape or pads you are using and also that your clients are'nt rubbing their eyes or lashes. That too could cause soreness and swelling.

Persevere with it and try a new bottle.:hug:

Another thing, I always turn the lights off before I get them to open their eyes. This stops them blinking and subsequently stops any stinging!

You must remember to patch test clients with a new adhesive as per manufacturers instructions even if your client has lashes every few weeks and you change adhesives

I haven't had anyone have any of these reactions either

Latest posts

Back