Flirties glue reaction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stopped using flirties glue a couple of years ago now as disappointed with the reaction and results.
Been using Blinc for past year and love it!!

Hi all,

I've been using flirties glue for 2 months and 3 of my clients have had reactions to the glue. I am mortified to say the least.

I'm halfway through the bottle of expert and have been doing lashes for 7 years having completed advanced training with Xtreme.

I switched to flirties as people were commenting on how good it is but after having to refund 3 other clients after purchasing the black sealant I'm loosing faith in them.

The black sealant stuck to the lashes and would not come off, when I phoned flirties they just dismissed me.

I'm after a decent reccomendation of who to switch to if anybody can assist
thanks
Emma

To Carolyn

if you want to keep with Xtremelashes apparantly you can order via Germany but they now insist you renew your training on a yearly basis.

but of a cheek really they do the best training with the worst customer service so looks like they are trying to plug a hole!

I bough a nanomister as have used it on 5 clients so far so good my client this morning said she usually feels a bit of stinging before she opens her eyes but once id sprayed it went away instantly

feeling a bit better about keeping the flirties glue now 95% people are fine but if I can reduce sensitivity by using this must thing then ace

Hi all,

I've been using flirties glue for 2 months and 3 of my clients have had reactions to the glue. I am mortified to say the least.

I'm halfway through the bottle of expert and have been doing lashes for 7 years having completed advanced training with Xtreme.

I switched to flirties as people were commenting on how good it is but after having to refund 3 other clients after purchasing the black sealant I'm loosing faith in them.

The black sealant stuck to the lashes and would not come off, when I phoned flirties they just dismissed me.

I'm after a decent reccomendation of who to switch to if anybody can assist

thanks

Emma

That's interesting Emma, because when I rang Flirties to complain that their mascara sealant had caused my clients lashes to clump together, I was told that 'nobody else had complained'! Perhaps they should make that their company slogan!

That's interesting Emma, because when I rang Flirties to complain that their mascara sealant had caused my clients lashes to clump together, I was told that 'nobody else had complained'! Perhaps they should make that their company slogan!

I use the sealant mascara on a regular basis and I have no clumping, you need to make your clients aware that any product will clump if applied excessively or if they dont clean their lashes properly. They do really need to clean their lashes and brush them daily with a brush with no products, hope this helps x

Hi Bonkers, thanks so much for the suggestion but the clients affected are all long term wearers who know how much I insist on a strong after care routine. They didn't over apply and know to clean their lashes daily, yet still came back with terrible clumps, and I had to literally scrape the product off. They are now using the daily mascara very successfully.

I have been using flirties expert for just under five years. I have never had any one have a reaction. I have only had one lady who had a severe case of hayfever, she has them removed during hayfever season and then back on when when its passed. I have had no problems other than that with my adhesive. How ever in the past 3 months I have had 3 ladies who have reacted, with slight puffiness and red lids. I have expelled every avenue to why this could be because absolutely nothing has changed. I never have a bottle past sell by, my room is in a thermostat, I'm using all the same products and technique. One reaction was from a new bottle of adhesive and the other two ladies was from a completely new bottle . I'm almost certain it's my adhesive :( I love working with flirties expert and hate the fact I have to change it! But I'm loosing a lot of money. Eyelashes are my main treatment, I do them 5 days a week, I have a very healthy business and all my ladies/Men have only ever been from recommendations. I don't advertise and quality of work is my priority. I would like recommendations pretty please of a fast setting, long lasting, low odour adhesive. Many thanks in advance 👍

I have been using flirties expert for just under five years. I have never had any one have a reaction. I have only had one lady who had a severe case of hayfever, she has them removed during hayfever season and then back on when when its passed. I have had no problems other than that with my adhesive. How ever in the past 3 months I have had 3 ladies who have reacted, with slight puffiness and red lids. I have expelled every avenue to why this could be because absolutely nothing has changed. I never have a bottle past sell by, my room is in a thermostat, I'm using all the same products and technique. One reaction was from a new bottle of adhesive and the other two ladies was from a completely new bottle . I'm almost certain it's my adhesive :( I love working with flirties expert and hate the fact I have to change it! But I'm loosing a lot of money. Eyelashes are my main treatment, I do them 5 days a week, I have a very healthy business and all my ladies/Men have only ever been from recommendations. I don't advertise and quality of work is my priority. I would like recommendations pretty please of a fast setting, long lasting, low odour adhesive. Many thanks in advance 👍

Thanks so much for the positive feedback :)
Sadly sometimes there is not much you can do if clients develop an allergy or intolerance against a treatment or product.

Anyone can start reacting at any time without you changing anything in the technique or product. It can be hormonal changes, medication or a number of other reasons why a client becomes oversensitive and sometimes it can just be a new intolerance or allergy which has developed out of the blue.

You could use an odour and fumefree adhesive as that is designed for sensitive clients or you could try and cure the lashes with a NanoMister as that can help tremendous with sensitive clients as it basically seals any fumes and most sensitive clients are able to continue enjoying their lashes with this :hug:

Latest posts

Back