Flowers..flowers...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanish

Reaction score
Hello dear Geeks!
Nothing interesting happens in my work so far(were do you find your clients????...) so I experiment on myself...
I know they are not VERY exiting but maybe you can get an idea and add your details to do them better.. I'll be happy to hear any of your suggestions.
Have a great day!xxx

d03aaa7d6087.jpg

6e14551818d3.jpg

well, they are basics and well done, what do you want to improve?

Hello,Doorie and thank you:)
I just think what details would add to those designs to make them not basic:) x

haha!!

ok then...
work with a 2 color bead, possibly a light and a dark, even from the same color, to give it some depth... if you see what I mean?

then you have to impress a design on your petal...
ok do I speak chinese?? lol.

you take your brush (I usually work with a size 6 for my petals) and you press the product with it... and it makes it look like petals, and it also gives you a wider range of shape for them ;);)
to achieve that, you have to work dry, so pick very few amount of monomer or "wipe" your bead before applying it/pressing it.

but yeah if you work on the 2 shade bead, you'll see a difference. you can also highligh some parts with a shimmer, mark the edges with a striper, add microbeads here and there... it's like a painting!!

Thanks a lot Doorie!
I'm glad you speaking in English! I would understood better if you spoke in Russian though:) but your way of putting words together is very easy to understand any way.
I faced with one little problem when trying to do inlay- when I finish my design and start to file a nail to give a form to it Part of my petals are filed away if you understand what I mean.... so I'm trying to keep the layers as thing as possible... do you have any tips how to avoid this problem? Sorry for being pain... but thank you any way:)really appreciate your advice
8e45a9f37ccc.gif
x

ok...

inlays are level3 nail art class for me...

first you have the level 1 and 2 to master :p

j/k.

the secret with inlay is... a perfect base, very THIN. that's why it has to be perfect. smooth, same consistency, color, everywhere. THIN. did I say thin again? well it has to be so.

then you place your bead, and that's where you HAVE to impress the petal design. if you don't do that, there's no need to inlay it, right?
I have a full inlay set, I may post it one day when I have the time :|

play with depth and lights as I said earlier.
but KEEP IT THIN! lol.

let's say, a finished nail is like 1mm wide (okay mine are 0.5 but I'm too bad at dividing on a base 5, so go for 10...)
so your base has to me 0.1 mm
your design can be max 0.5
and your overlay... 0.4 max after filing shaping.

if you base is too thick...
take it off start again.

if your design is too thick, your best bet, if you cannot buff it off, is to use a black striper and design on it (after buffing off some of the excess)

and your overlay, it's just not buffed if too thick.

Russian???? I only speak French, a bit of English, Italian, few words of German and Spanish... sorry! lol

Hi Vanish, I like the colours both the red and white and the pink with flower pattern, I think that you should continue to develop your ideas in the way that you have started, it doesn't really need anyone else to add to your good work keep producing your good ideas and you will be amazed at the end result. :)

Latest posts

Back