Flyers - address or no address?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylieb

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am in the middle of making some flyers for my home based treatment room and was wondering if i should put the address on them or not?

I don't want random people just turning up and knocking at my door.
I have thought about putting 'by appointment only' but you know what some people are like, they just dont listen.

The other option would be to say where am i based such as the area i live in. Will people just think oh sod it she has forgot to put the address?

Any ideas would be much appreciated!!!

xxxx

Is what i done on all my advertising is i put the street where i live just didnt include the number that way i get no one knocking on my door:green:

I personally wouldn't put my address on a leaflet. I'd put based in xxxxx, contact me on.....and give a phone number. I really wouldnt want people knocking on my door Saturday morning when i've had one too many wanting a pedicure lol!!

xxx

I am home based and I do put all of my information on my flyers, including my adress. Ok, I may have not put enough flyers around the world :green: but I don't get much people knocking on my door out of the blue :green: people do usually call.

Or it's because my flyers specifically say (huh, I don't know english words for this but will try to explain) that I work when it's previously booked. I work alone and I can't take them all in one day and certanly wont make them wait endlessly. And it gives me control of my time.
Or it's because I'm on 4th floor, so no one really sees me from the street :green:

And I really do take people only that way, because I want my time for one client to be only her's time, and I don't want any nervous chicks freaking and gossiping and stuff, and asking, how much longer do I have to wait and making everyone nervous. And if someone drops out of the blue, so what? More money for me! But only if I have no one else in. Otherwise it's -I'm sorry, I always book my clients so they get my full attention.

Please, don't get this in the wrong way, but do you already have enough regulars so you can chose? Or do you want to gain more of them?

I think flyers should contain all the information, especially your web site if you have one, because people get tons of flyers and if yours catches their eye and if in that 5 seconds of their attention they don't see all that they need to see, or think - huh, I have to look around where this is, on the 6th second they will throw that leaflet away and forget about you.

Maybe your adress will be that crucial point when they say - oh, that's close, and I didn't even realise it was under my nose...

I would personally but the area you are based and also say by appointment only, that way they can't knock at your door because they don't know where you live!

I like the phrase 'by appointment only'!!

xx

I would just put you are home based in ***** area, Surrey and your contact number (obviously). I personally would not feel safe putting my house number down at all. My niece was a mobile nail technician and got people texting her pictures of their bums and loads of crank calls ! There are some seriously strange people out there and I wouldnt want them knowing where I lived. You can cope with a weird phone call but not someone turning up on your doorstep. xxx

I would just put you are home based in ***** area, Surrey and your contact number (obviously). I personally would not feel safe putting my house number down at all. My niece was a mobile nail technician and got people texting her pictures of their bums and loads of crank calls ! There are some seriously strange people out there and I wouldnt want them knowing where I lived. You can cope with a weird phone call but not someone turning up on your doorstep. xxx

Exactly my point hun!
I have all sorts of calls too, Havent had any pics yet tho lol
There are some right strange people out there you are so right!
I think i will take your advice and just put the area with my phone number. Surely people will understand why i have done it like this and ring me for an appointment and the door number.
Thanks for that!
xxx

I think you should put home based on it somewhere then people will understand why you havent put your full address on. Dont see any harm in the street name being on it perhaps, but the number ? you dont want to end up with a queue of weirdo's wanting "massages" do you lol !! Best of luck xx

Latest posts

Back