Foil question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChicNails

Reaction score
Hi
So iv not actually ever used foil but I'm looking to buy some and so just wondering which kind I need to get.
I don't want the foil to cover the entire nail like a minx....just want part of the print to imprint onto the inhibition layer.

Are there 2 types of foils guys are just one...and it can be used for wrapping and imprinting?
Hope this makes sense...

THANKS in advance geeks 💐

Hi.
Foils are amazing! I'm hooked! I had a client send me this pic saying she wanted for her and her hens. Luckily I had the foil at home just never had time to play.
Basically you preform your manicure and apply your colour, whether it be gel or polish. If it's gel you do not remove the inhibition layer and if it's ordinary polish you need to wait until it's about 80% dry - you should be able to see a slight finger print if you press, but no product should be on your finger
And then you place over your nail and rub using a cotton pad, then peel away and tah-dah!

This youtube video is only about 2 minutes long but it's straight to the point!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1y9pBTNArr4

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406239076.127146.jpg

Hope this helped, and good luck! X

Yep iv seen this done and this is what I want.
So where do I get it!? LOL

Can I get it off moyou or mm website? Are they the right ones that transfer parts onto the nail?

Yep iv seen this done and this is what I want.
So where do I get it!? LOL

Can I get it off moyou or mm website? Are they the right ones that transfer parts onto the nail?

I bought this one from the MM website and it's gorgeous!

I've used it here over a whole nail, but to get the random spots you just dab it in random places in the nail. It will only stick to where you have dabbed!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406272805.543782.jpg

Sarah xx

Oh wow they are gorgeous. Great will order some from MM site. Thanks Sarah.

So if you want the foil over the entire nail, like a wrap, would I just cut it to size, and do you stick it onto the inhibition layer or with glue?
Sorry... :cool:

**************EDIT: JUST had a read on Martins site...im sorted.

Thanks

I buy some of my foils from jennysellsfoils from ebay, they work well and are good quality x

I buy mine from Sweet Squared, you receive a fair amount for the price aswell.

I jst did my sisters nails with my new rainbow foils...love the stuff! Heres a pic....gona do mine later but with a diff colour as hase coat...
Thanks for all your help guys

Here's the pic..doh

Attachments

• 20140729_171219.jpg
    20140729_171219.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 272
I would like to do a complete coverage with SS peacock feather foil, what glue would you recommend please.

Oh wow they are gorgeous. Great will order some from MM site. Thanks Sarah.

So if you want the foil over the entire nail, like a wrap, would I just cut it to size, and do you stick it onto the inhibition layer or with glue?
Sorry... :cool:

**************EDIT: JUST had a read on Martins site...im sorted.

Thanks

So do u stik it on to sticky layer or glue? Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

You stick it onto tacky layer of your gel polish. I find the base coat you choose has a lot to do with how good the outcome is.
For eg. If your nail foil is pink, go with pink polish under, unlike white that I used in above pic. Although to b fair, that crackled look is what it was supposed to look like.

But having seen a lot of foil pics, I think the same is base coat looks nicer.
Hth

It does stick nicely to sticky layer but I want an all over coverage and I've heard its best done with glue. Just need to know what is the best brand.

You stick it onto tacky layer of your gel polish. I find the base coat you choose has a lot to do with how good the outcome is.
For eg. If your nail foil is pink, go with pink polish under, unlike white that I used in above pic. Although to b fair, that crackled look is what it was supposed to look like.

But having seen a lot of foil pics, I think the same is base coat looks nicer.
Hth

Thanks for replyin, very helpful cant wait to try it now x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

What is mm everyone is taking about. I need foil too x

Mm is Megamix, it's a gel you can mix you regular polishes with and it makes it into a uv/led polish.
Search up top for megamix thread...

Latest posts

Back