Foils for thin lines?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maguire

Reaction score
Where can I buy the foil using gel or gel paint, for making thin lines and filling in on nail art, I am looking for gold and silver mainly, thanks

Do you mean striping tape?

No it's foil, when you cure your gel or gel paint while it's still tacky you you press the foil on I have seen this on lots of new nail art

You mean embossing? You finish your gel polish service wiping off tacky layer of top coat, then with a dotting tool or very fine brush you paint your design using gel polish, cure, press foil into tacky layer of design, then top coat again :)

Yes but not sure where to get it from, all I keep finding is foils you use with glue

Yes that's what I am looking for, but now where do I buy the foil from

I get mind from eBay. Type in nail foils and loads come up x

If you have trouble sticking the foil to the shellac/gel then another way is to do your black out line as per usual, cure, then go over it with Crystal nails royal gel in gold or silver or one of their metallic colours. The royal gel is so highly pigmented it's brill for artwork and it doesnt run all over the shop plus you get really crisp lines too.

I wish I'd found this out months ago! :D

If you have trouble sticking the foil to the shellac/gel then another way is to do your black out line as per usual, cure, then go over it with Crystal nails royal gel in gold or silver or one of their metallic colours. The royal gel is so highly pigmented it's brill for artwork and it doesnt run all over the shop plus you get really crisp lines too.

Is that a buff off gel?

Do you have a link to this product please?

Is that a buff off gel?

Yes Royal gel is a buff off gel.
My educator also said when using the Crystal nails coloured hard gels or the Royal gels for full colour on the nail you can use their product called gum gel which is soak off, so a layer of that, cure , then the coloured or royal gel.

They have tons of products and it is quite confusing but i did a hard gel product workshop to learn about all of their products and it was an eye opener (in a good way Lol)

Do you have a link to this product please?
This is the link for the Royal gel, great stuff!

Royal Gels

I had my first proper try this way tonight cos i bought the gels at the show. :D

Just need to get my lines finer. The camera hasn't picked up the gold royal gel very well but it's very sparkly gold in the flesh

Attachments

• IMAG0338.jpg
    IMAG0338.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 110

Latest posts

Back