Foils over Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debsidoo99

Reaction score
I've purchased some creative foils and tried to put over shellac but all they do is slide about my nail and only little bits stick to the nail. Help! I've tried with and without removing tacky residue. How do others apply these. It's not minx nails it's just art foils x

Foil should be used on the final cured layer so that it sticks to the inhibition (sticky) layer. Just press down firmly, it should not slide at all. You can then apply top coat as normal to finish.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Silly question - but you are applying it the right way up aren't you? When I first tried it I was trying to stick it pattern side down - which of course didn't work ;-) x

Ha ha yes definitely putting it on the right way as some is coming off on the nail but not fully! I'll keep trying! X

i find alot of the pattern foils are more resistant to use for some reason where as the plain colours are easier to work with. It should stick to the tacky layer but you have to work pretty fast as the shellac isnt very wet, also once you have pressed the foil in a few times you will take off even more of the tacky layer leaving nothing to stick to. You could either really push it into the shellac or like most of use the foils for a shattered effect.

If you really want full coverage and are struggling still you can get a foil adhesive whichyou would paint on wait for it to go clear and then apply foils xx

Hi, I have a large collection of foils and some will sit in the draw forever as they just won't stick no matter what I have used. I also like souz agree that the plain ones stick far better but saying that I have just got some from nail delights and they have patterns on !!! Also I find foils stick to the darker shades of shellac (but that may just be me) x

I'm not a fan of the creative foils, I fins them hard work. I ahve read a few times that using a dark colour underneath helps, I have no idea how but it came from Holly so I'm guessing to works! Have yet to try it though!

The fingernail fixer on youtube has a great video about using foils with shellac :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Hi, I have a large collection of foils and some will sit in the draw forever as they just won't stick no matter what I have used. I also like souz agree that the plain ones stick far better but saying that I have just got some from nail delights and they have patterns on !!! Also I find foils stick to the darker shades of shellac (but that may just be me) x

i tried the snakeskin one and its rubbish just gives a sort of smudged look which is an effect in itself i guess but i dont like it and its put me off wanting to try any more patterned ones. To give and all over effect i have done lost of different colour foils one nail though.
samsung-139.jpg

Latest posts

Back