Foils...:/

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxanne8080

Reaction score
Hello everyone i am a fully qualified hairdresser and self employed i have never had any problemes before but last one i done half head foils of bleach and a brown2-1. But she then rung the next day saying they looked abit stripy... Anyone know why? And how i can do it differently? Please replies needed x

it could be the sectioning and placement of the foil on the head. do she have a parting? are you weaving or taking slices?

Yes she had a parting just off centre, and i was weaving fine sections, i foils from the back going up to grown then going up the sides then straight down middle at the top? This is the way i got taught but am thinking is this wrong? Thanks for replying! X

If you have woven the Hl across the parting or even T to the parting they might look stripey. It's all to do with weave and colour placement. There are lots of different ways of foiling depending on the result you want. I would recommend you look at a foiling course or check out some education videos online. Hath :)

if you are going straight back on top and her parting is off center you will get stripes. work at an angle. if you need me to send you a headsheet example let me know!

Ah ok so maybe diaganle? Yes if u can please? Would be a great help i was only ever taught this way x

sorry can i but in and ask for that head sheet too. . . jus interested to see how others work x

Can have somehead sheet aswell plzzz xxx

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Please can you send me sheet also, thanks

could you also send me a sheet?

Could you also send me the sheet as I'm curious. I was only taught 2 ways and every time I go to do foils instead of experimenting I always go with the way I was taught. I'd like to be able to do them different so every client didn't have the same look. Thanks xx

Chemtechgrey, would you also send me the sheet pretty please? x x

Can I jump on the wagon please and also ask for the sheet? Thank you :)

me too please. xx

I think you should post it for all to see lol... By the way could you send me a sheet please! :)

can you send photos/files through Salon Geek messaging? Can everyone provide emails?

Hi I'm new here could u also send it to me aswell please x

I'd like it too please <3

Latest posts

Back