Foot spa's and manicure bowls?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiffany.

Reaction score
Hi :green:

I'm looking for a foot spa (which keeps warm) I don't want to be spending loads. Also manicure bowls, I'll be adding my own little touches like pebbles etc but wanting to know what everybody uses for the bowls?
Thanks guys :lol:

I just ordered "footsie pedicure tub" it looks great from what I read online. It also has disposable liners which I know my clients will enjoy. I should be getting it today or tomorrow, I will repost once I have used it and let you know if the heat settings keep it warm or not.

Hi :green:

I'm looking for a foot spa (which keeps warm) I don't want to be spending loads. Also manicure bowls, I'll be adding my own little touches like pebbles etc but wanting to know what everybody uses for the bowls?
Thanks guys :lol:

well mine is just simple, babyliss foot spa that messages, bubbles plus keeps the water warm £26.00 and then i got my bowls from Ikea which i paid £2.00 each big enough for pebbles. I felt comfortable with as these were the equipment i was trained with.
I hope this helps :)

Hi guys

Sorry to sound really dim but what do you do with the pebbles????

Many of us used to use pebbles at the bottom of the bowls for clients to play with while soaking. However, I think, most people have decided that soaking during a manicure is not a good idea.

I use a large colour co-ordinated glass bowl just to rinse off the sugar scrub I use.

I have the footsie spa pedicure tub. I love it. keeps really warm and the heat settings are quite varied for client preference. it also has a vibrate setting that most of my clients enjoy. I ordered mine through sally beauty supply, they're also the cheapest source of liners to my knowledge.

I have the footsie spa pedicure tub. I love it. keeps really warm and the heat settings are quite varied for client preference. it also has a vibrate setting that most of my clients enjoy. I ordered mine through sally beauty supply, they're also the cheapest source of liners to my knowledge.

I just got mine in... so excited to use it!

Oh dear now im being a pain; why gave people decided no soaking???

Emerson

:green:
Thank you all for you're replies, I would like something that will keep the water warm, I've heard excellent review about the footsie and will be investing in one of these further down the lone. With me only just starting out I will have a look at the babyliss thank you :green:
The pebbles are usually used at the bottom of a bowl for decoration, just something a little extra to the service. I would also like to know why people have decided soaking isn't good?? I've just finished my manicure & pedicure training with s2 and were told to soak, so would like to hear other opinions too? X

Over the years on this site there have been a number of threads about soaking. The reason not to soak excessively is that the nail absorbs water, thus changing shape. You then apply polish during the manicure and over a few hours the nail returns to the normal shape ....... polish problems.

I found this thread http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/120777-water-based-manicure.html

The fourth post gives you a link to a really old thread where the matter was fully discussed.

Hope this helps.

The soaking of the nails depends on the condition of the nails - with the Almond SpaManicure you are soaking in the almond milk bath rather than plain water, so more like a warm oil treatment than a soak!

Thanks girls kind helpful response as always!! Xx

I also have a Footsie Bath, it's one of the best investments I ever made. Clients love the liner system which eliminates cross-contamination.:hug:

Latest posts

Back