For a treatment tomorrow?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

princess fifi

Reaction score
I have recently bought an electronic muscle stimulation( EMS) unit, I have an instruction manual to go with it, and I learnt the treatment at Beauty college (Ages ago) To get the best results do I have to pad the whole body? Or can I just pad the areas of concern to the client? Do I do one side of the body first and then get the client to turn over and do the other side? There is no where in my instruction manual that says anything about it. I hope someone can help me with this.
:grr:

It depends how long the treatment time is how many you pad. I would use all the pads though to give the client the benefits, as why waste the other pads, after asking during consultation what they toned up the most pad these areas first. Make sure to check for contraindications especially metal plates or pins and pace makers. You cannot lie on the pads so you can only do one side then the other. They will most likely want stomach and chest or stomach and thighs and then the bum and thighs at the back but you won't know until you ask. You really should try this out on a friend before doing it on a client and study your notes well as you don't want to overwork the muscles.

You want to be quick with the padding up so the client has the maximum benefits. Make sure you turn up the machine very slowly and start with the machine at 0. Also remember to use a conductive gel or salt water on the pads if needed, depending on the instructions and make sure the pads are thoroughly soaked and flat to the body.

Thanks so much for the advice:hug:, I have tried it and used it on my friends & family and myself, but I wasn't sure if I was padding them up correctly. I was doing one side at a time though!
Also when the client is lying on their stomach Do you leave them in the treatment room, what can I do while the machine is doing the work? I don't really want to leave people by themselves.

Do both sides together so that any muscle toning is even. Do not leave the client just sit with them. You cannot lave the client for safety reasons. :hug: You can't really do anything while it is working! Just keep checking the client is o.k.

Thanks weezie
just saw your real Brazillian waxing post, and posted a big thank you for the advice. When I said one side of the body at a time i meant first the front and then turn over and do the back.
Treatment was today, all went on well, client was happy and so was I. Although found the pads can get into a bit of a tangle if care isn't taken.:)

Brilliant, well done :hug:

Latest posts

Back