For the professional

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make yourself familiar
I'm thinking of joining a few exercise classes, going back to my slimming group, joining different clubs and getting my face and name out there. Drop in to conversation what I do, have price lists handy and there we are... I'm thinking of doing a ladies night with a local organization or business too.
I came from a spa and clients followed and word spread so that's helped me but I've also joined local groups on facebook and posted my business page on there. I haven't leaflet dropped because I think people don't react to paper they react to the person i get more bookings face to face than anywhere
Hope it picks up for you. Xx

Make yourself familiar
I'm thinking of joining a few exercise classes, going back to my slimming group, joining different clubs and getting my face and name out there. Drop in to conversation what I do, have price lists handy and there we are... I'm thinking of doing a ladies night with a local organization or business too.
I came from a spa and clients followed and word spread so that's helped me but I've also joined local groups on facebook and posted my business page on there. I haven't leaflet dropped because I think people don't react to paper they react to the person i get more bookings face to face than anywhere
Hope it picks up for you. Xx

That's all really great advice! I hadn't thought about getting out and involved in the community actually. Seems obvious now you mention it hahaha! Yes, I think it is better in person. I'm really just setting my business up, but I went into a local clothes shop a couple of weeks ago and 2 ladies behind the cash desk loved my nails and asked where I had them done. Of course I said I did them, but then they asked for business cards or website info and I don't yet have either. I have them my number but haven't heard anything. Could kick myself really xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

im looking into retraining with other services i could offer spray tanning waxing ect apart from my city guilds levels i did in college bk in 07 i was hoping to bring my other certs up to date as i found my nail art nails extenstions are all yrs old lol where have the time gone and with moving to a complete new area eg from manchester to wales im looking at a complete new look ... and name too

I am planning in the new year to train in waxing / tinting and maybe makeup.
I currently offer nail treatments, spray tanning, three types of massage, threading and last week started my eyelash extension course. I just have to complete my 4 case studies to pass the course.
I have just left a sunbed salon and I am currently looking at new salons closer to wear I live to be able to offer treatments and get my business going. I have only been in the beauty industry since 2011 but I plan to do this for the rest of my working life so I want to make sure I do the best I can x

Leely x

What did you all do when you first started out, in order to get your name known? I'm in a new area and don't know anyone, so some tips would be great! I've already done a leaflet drop and nada...xx

I'm in a similar situation! I qualified back in June and I'm only 17, I'm currently working within my Mums salon. However there's 13 salons on the same road we are based and the competition is rediculous! I offer acrylic nails and without sounding big headed my sets are pretty good I think! But clients thinks my skills won't be anywhere near as high as the local salon or my Mums. All clients that do come to me are extremely happy it's just getting clients sat in my seat that's hard, any tips anyone?!

That's all really great advice! I hadn't thought about getting out and involved in the community actually. Seems obvious now you mention it hahaha! Yes, I think it is better in person. I'm really just setting my business up, but I went into a local clothes shop a couple of weeks ago and 2 ladies behind the cash desk loved my nails and asked where I had them done. Of course I said I did them, but then they asked for business cards or website info and I don't yet have either. I have them my number but haven't heard anything. Could kick myself really xx

Go back to them with a little offer, say you've got yourself organised now and as they were interested you'd like to make them aware of you 'introductotry offer' bring your diary and book them there and then ;) it's happened to me I haven't had business cards or price lists on me and I am gutted afterwards but I gave a lady in the bank my number and she calked me weeks later for nails for a wedding so don't get downhearted x

im looking into retraining with other services i could offer spray tanning waxing ect apart from my city guilds levels i did in college bk in 07 i was hoping to bring my other certs up to date as i found my nail art nails extenstions are all yrs old lol where have the time gone and with moving to a complete new area eg from manchester to wales im looking at a complete new look ... and name too

Where in Wales? :D

Go back to them with a little offer, say you've got yourself organised now and as they were interested you'd like to make them aware of you 'introductotry offer' bring your diary and book them there and then ;) it's happened to me I haven't had business cards or price lists on me and I am gutted afterwards but I gave a lady in the bank my number and she calked me weeks later for nails for a wedding so don't get downhearted x

Thanks again! All great advice. I will be popping back in this afternoon :) xx

I spend a couple of days a week working in residential homes, mainly elderly ladies (I do have one man who has bright red toenails though :cool: ) and I get loads of relatives/carers coming into the salon even though I'm a wee bit dearer than the competition - word got around!!

I spend a couple of days a week working in residential homes, mainly elderly ladies (I do have one man who has bright red toenails though :cool: ) and I get loads of relatives/carers coming into the salon even though I'm a wee bit dearer than the competition - word got around!!

I was thinking of doing this not 10 mins ago! It was the geek with the 91 year old with a greenie, made me realise that these ladies still want to look polished! I have a friend who does the hair in one a few miles from me, I think I'll give her a bell :)

Latest posts

Back