Foreign Qualifications

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marykate4400

Reaction score
My brothers Vietnamese wife says she is trained in nail services and beauty therapies. She trained in Vietnam, but claims to be able to walk straight into a job once over here in the UK :irked: I'm thinking NOT!

Doesn't she have to convert to UK standards first?? Or am I wrong? I am slightly miffed, wishing her well and that, I still think that she might have to re-train over here or something first....:(

Any Geeks know what training (s) she would have to do in order to work and get insurance over here in the UK??

At present, the Uk have no standards for nail qualifications!!

The chances are she will be able to work and find a company that will provide her with insurance fairly easily. xx

If she has certificates and can prove she has done training then I don't see why she could not get employed here, and insured. Although Insurance providers can all have different criteria for this so she may have to shop around.

A trade test will certainly show her skills to a prospective employer, and that is all it takes here really.

At present, the Uk have no standards for nail qualifications!!

The chances are she will be able to work and find a company that will provide her with insurance fairly easily. xx

The UK definitely DO have Standards for nail qualifications!! The trouble is none of the service industries (hair, beauty, nails) has any legislation in place that can enforce them so it is one big free for all!!

There is a Vietnamese business organisation and there will be plenty of opportunities for her to walk into a job. In London, there are license requirements that may mean she will need to do some training but this own't stop her working.

Not right but that's how it is! No one has managed to change it in the history of the industry so far.

Latest posts

Back