Formaldehyde and acrylic/gel nails? File dust?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Sylk

Reaction score
Hi guys so I just read an article about formaldehyde how it on a lot of things but it also said about acrylic nails. I then search the web see attached picture, you can click on that and read it it it definitely makes you feel a little scared and almost like you want to flock from doing acrylic nails to LCN Gels. I can't help but feel that perhaps that was the point in this article to convert people???
Anyway I would like to know which products I'm using do contain formaldehyde and how much of it is entering my respiratory system or even my bloodstream if that's possible?

Are use a nail drill so I do create a lot of dust. Most have always wondered about the acrylic liquid vapours affecting me I feel the acrylic nail dust being a physical form that we can see to be much more of a risk. I do wear a mask and I'm sure I inhale much less because of this.

I'm just looking for advice & understanding really as it something new for me to come across.

Doug to the rescue once again:)

This is why he is the best in our industry, he gives us the truth and helps us all become the professionals we should be, by gaining the correct/truthful knowledge about the products and tools we use.
As the old saying goes "knowledge is power" and we all need to be powerful to survive in this industry.

Thank you Doug for another awesome article!!!!

Think you for the reply I will have a look through what Doug has written.

I actually got most of my product out and read all of the ingredients on the back of them the other day. Funnily enough the thing that makes me cough the most is nail varnish and all of my nail varnish is have formaldehyde in them!!

Dougs article is very interesting and once you've read it you'll realise that formaldehyde isn't what's making you cough!

Latest posts

Back