Formeldehyde and Toluene

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daisylover01

Reaction score
I DO understand the debate about polishes containing these ingredients. But after reading my new "nail bible" by Doug Schoon, I have learned its all a bunch of hype. There is nothing dangerous with the amount found in nail polishes. And these are the ingredients that help the polish go on smoother, last longer, become hard. But it does seem that MOST nail lines are now DBP and Toluene Free. Does anyone know of a line that is NOT free of these things?

I used to love OPI years ago. I felt like I could get a great amount of good thin polish til the very end of the bottle. Now, after their formual has changed I feel like it goes goopy and thicker about half way through the bottle.

Know of any that still contain these ingredients? Ive looked online and cant seem to get a straight answer. (I SWORE Spa Ritual was DBP and Toluene free, but after DEEPER reading, I have found out that their nail treatment line does not contain toluene, but the laquers still do)
Thanks!!

What does DBP stand for incidentally? I know of toluene - it's otherwise known as methylbenzene and is a widely used organic solvent (as well as being nowhere near as toxic as benzene itself)...

Hey!

Just wanted to let ya know that you may have been reading info about the old SpaRitual lacquers - not the more recent. At the beginning of this year, SpaRitual reformulated all lacquers so that they were free of ANY TRACES OF toluene and formaldehyde. :)

They used to have formaldehyde and touluene RESIN which is not harmful; but nonetheless, good to know the lacquers are free of the stuff now. SpaRitual is so dedicated to the environment and nature that they use eco-friendly packaging and printing processes :green: <-- gotta use the green smiley for that one!

[FONT=&quot]DBP, or dibutyl phthalate, is an ingredient that was recently banned in the European Union and is linked to causing birth defects.

Anyone know any more than that :?:
[/FONT]

Latest posts

Back