foundation dry and patchy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purplelady

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My skin which was acne prone around my jaw and chin but since Ive been using dermalogica, dermal clay (thanks for previous advice!) my skin has cleared up a lot, however my skin is quite uneven and patchy and I hate been seen without foundation but even though my skin is acne prone it is also dry and the dryness has got worse since using demalogica, it might be the product but then i was it off ovbiously and water is quite drying isnt it? anyway dont get me wrong i d rather have dry skin than spots but now I cant wear foundation as after about an hour it sinks into my pores and looks patchy and horrible. I'm using mac studio the liquid one not the compact but also have oil free versions in lancolm max factor, clarins and chanel but all dry into my skin. Ive been trying to get oil free cos obviously I dont want to block my pores and get spots again....any suggestions at all???

I use dermal clay twice on a night and special cleansing and daily microfoliant in the mornings with active moist am and pm too. So if anyone could offer any advice on changing my regime or a good foundation that isnt too drying but wont cause spots I would be extremely welcome!

thanks guys xx

Personally after trying anything that says it makes me look younger or thinner and having drawers full of crap I think Estee Lauder double wear is great, my daughter also uses this she's 21 and shes loves it too its the only one we have found that stays on all day with no touch ups.
If you ask for a sample they will let you try it first!

tried double wear loved it but went patchy after couple hours! i know loads people love it though!

i use a primer by models prefer underneath my foundation as i have very large pores on my cheeks and chin and its great...its like a silky layer that fills out everything leaving you with a really smooth canvas to put your foundation on.....its brilliant i weear chanel foundation but other foundations look good over this primer
QVC/iQVC Shop/Product Search
hth

I've always had a problem with foundations as i have dehydrated skin and it either goes really flaky or really patchy.
That was until i found Susan Posnick, which is kinda like ID. It's a mineral based powder foundation, but i can use it for all levels of coverage depending on the method of application. It comes in a preloaded brush, and all you do is apply it to slightly dampened skin, for e.g on top of your moisturiser. It also has an SPF which is good for sensitive skin.

You may want to try this or a similar mineral powder foundation. A problem i found with even the most expensive of liquid or compacts was that it just wouldn't sit right, or looked like I had far too much make up on. I'm never going to change!

if your skin isnt oily, but you like dermalogica, why not try a sample of skin smoothing cream. This helps give teh skin a nice texture and is very moisturising. the dermalogica foundations are also really good.They are non comedogenic and non pore blocking, they may even have some anti bacterial properties (sorry, i cant remember!)but they are called treatment foundations! Maybe you could also consider an exfoliation treatment in the salon. the microfoliant is very gentle, maybe you need a little skin MOT xxHTHs:biggrin:

if your skin isnt oily, but you like dermalogica, why not try a sample of skin smoothing cream. This helps give teh skin a nice texture and is very moisturising. the dermalogica foundations are also really good.They are non comedogenic and non pore blocking, they may even have some anti bacterial properties (sorry, i cant remember!)but they are called treatment foundations! Maybe you could also consider an exfoliation treatment in the salon. the microfoliant is very gentle, maybe you need a little skin MOT xxHTHs:biggrin:
I agree with this statement,as thier foundations are the only other foundation i would use other than id bare minerals and that took alot to wow me when it comes to make up.
having said that maybe switching to a slightly richer texture cream like eager beaver said woould help.:wink2:

hi Hun try a tinted moisturizer it cover the skin well but is not thick so the skin can breathe and also helps moisturizer the skin imo.

I am not a expert in this area but common sense would say to mix a bit of moisturizer in with the Foundation to cover smoothly..

I always say look at the ingredients of what you are using. Chemicals that most big brands fill their products with are of no benefit to your skin and maybe its worth looking into natural / organic products.

Basically everything i use now is virtually chemical free and i cant rave about mineral make up enough

I have just changed over to mineral make up. I find that it is much "thicker" than your average foundations. but maybe I got the wrong one ...Is there a diff between mineral foundations?

Deffinately!! Ive tried quite a few brands of mineral make up and some are very average compared to krush. I use a powder but it can be mixed equal parts with moisturiser to make it a liquid but love it in the powder form so much that i have never tried it. What brand are u using?

I must admit that my mineral foundation is really light and looks very natural - you can build up the level of coverage that you want/need. I think it all depends on the brand and the ingredients.
My foundation is running out and i used to get it from where i worked from for half price - but the company has shut down now - gonna have to go on the look out for another supplier... otherwise i'll go back to horrible flaky foundation again....:cry:

Make up for some women(and men) is really important.
Ive always been on the lookout at ingredients in make up and found absolutely nothing that compares with mineral make up.Well,i suppose i liked Dermalogica but apart from that theres nothing else.
If somebody is using expensive ingredients in thier skincare why compromise with make up i ask??
Therefore mineral make up wether it be Jane Irdale,id bare minerals etc for me are the most superior ,however im still on the lookout and open to any other brands to rise to the challenge:wink2:

Hi guys,

My skin which was acne prone around my jaw and chin but since Ive been using dermalogica, dermal clay (thanks for previous advice!) my skin has cleared up a lot, however my skin is quite uneven and patchy and I hate been seen without foundation but even though my skin is acne prone it is also dry and the dryness has got worse since using demalogica, it might be the product but then i was it off ovbiously and water is quite drying isnt it? anyway dont get me wrong i d rather have dry skin than spots but now I cant wear foundation as after about an hour it sinks into my pores and looks patchy and horrible. I'm using mac studio the liquid one not the compact but also have oil free versions in lancolm max factor, clarins and chanel but all dry into my skin. Ive been trying to get oil free cos obviously I dont want to block my pores and get spots again....any suggestions at all???

I use dermal clay twice on a night and special cleansing and daily microfoliant in the mornings with active moist am and pm too. So if anyone could offer any advice on changing my regime or a good foundation that isnt too drying but wont cause spots I would be extremely welcome!

thanks guys xx
I would suggest that you need more exfolliation than the daily microfoliant & possibly a slightly richer moisturiser, or if you think that would be to much, a moisturising serum or booster.

Latest posts

Back