Foundation for dry skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrea27

Reaction score
I need some help recommending a good foundation for my sister who suffers with eczema on her face. Her skin is really dry, especially around the eyes where she gets most of it. She has been using maybelline mineral make-up until now but I researched and found out it probably makes her skin even drier!
Can anyone recommend a good foundation for dry skin?
Thank you

i would try a tined moistiser or a primer and then a liquid foundation the key isto balance the moistiser in the skin beforethe foundation ,we use mac and have had no problems with drying out hope that helps .

I also suffer from very very dry sin, often afte a warm shower my face will turn red and blotch with flakng skin.
I use always use a gentle exfoliator to remove any dead skin, dermalogica do an amzing one which can be used everyday without damaging the skin.
I use clarins hydraquench moisturiser for extra dry skin and cold climates (amazing stuff, you only need to use a tiny amount!) followed by bobbi browns face base under my makeup. I then use Bobbi Browns Extra Repair Foundation :
EXTRA Repair Foundation SPF 25 - Foundation - Makeup - Bobbi Brown UK
And I only use powder on the areas where I have used concealer, such as around my eyes.
They are expenive products but i have found that you dont need to use alot of each and they end up lasting forever.

Exfoliate a couple of times a week. Put some moisturiser on with your foundation brush then use the brush to apply the foundation (or mix some moisturiser into the foundation). When my skin is especially dry, I pump some foundation on the back of my hand, then spritz it with water or my toner to add a bit more moisture.

Incidentally, Liz Earle's facial range is the best thing that ever happened to my dry skin!

Thank you to all of you for your advice and foundation recommendations.it's really helpful.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk

Have you tried dermalogica foundations, I use them and they are he only ones that dont make my skin dryer x
I'm sure they do sample sachets.

Have you tried dermalogica foundations, I use them and they are he only ones that dont make my skin dryer x
I'm sure they do sample sachets.

thank you. I haven't even thought of dermalogica. I'll have a look at that.

Latest posts

Back