Foundation/skincare help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachel90

Reaction score
I hope this is in the right place.

My skin is quite bad, large pores, patchy, dry/oily, spots etc.
I currently use benefit Porefessional as a primer, no7 airbrush away foundation and no7 translucent powder. I have also recently tried an Avon primer/setting spray.

I'm looking for a foundation with a really good coverage that will last all day (I never have time to touch up at work). Not too thick and 'cakey'. I like matte foundation. Currently, by midday my face starts looking oily and my foundation looks creased? Any recommendations will be great please. Not too worried about cost, as long as it will help!
Also, would microdermabrasion help my skin or is that just an unnecessary expense?

Hi, I'm not a skin pro, I'm nails, but I have skin like yours and was despairing of ever finding a good one

one of the skin pros on here recommended Estée Lauder double wear full cover (dark blue tube) foundation and I bought it £30 and it's amazing, expensive but you only need a tiny bit, I've had nice comments on my skin since wearing it which has never happened before!! And it lasts all day, needs no touch ups, brilliant.

Can thoroughly recommend!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1462529096.692880.jpg

Microdermabrasion would definately help you its a fantastic treatment. What skincare are you using? The jane iredale bb cream is very good, you can use their pure pressed powder to set it or on its own which also gives really good coverage and you have peace of mind that your not putting bad ingredients on your skin.

Hi, I'm not a skin pro, I'm nails, but I have skin like yours and was despairing of ever finding a good one

one of the skin pros on here recommended Estée Lauder double wear full cover (dark blue tube) foundation and I bought it £30 and it's amazing, expensive but you only need a tiny bit, I've had nice comments on my skin since wearing it which has never happened before!! And it lasts all day, needs no touch ups, brilliant.

Can thoroughly recommend!View attachment 196938
Thank you! I've seen a few recommendations for it on here but wasn't sure if it would suit my skin. Now I just need to get the right shade!

Microdermabrasion would definately help you its a fantastic treatment. What skincare are you using? The jane iredale bb cream is very good, you can use their pure pressed powder to set it or on its own which also gives really good coverage and you have peace of mind that your not putting bad ingredients on your skin.
Thank you, I'll give it a go!
I've never heard of Jane Iredale, I'll have a Google!

Every time I have a microdermabrasion my skin behaves itself for about 6 weeks afterwards

Every time I have a microdermabrasion my skin behaves itself for about 6 weeks afterwards
I've booked an appointment for Wednesday, I'm excited to see how my skin will look after!

It feels really nice while it's being done, so cleansing and purifying [emoji175] you'll love it!! Sorry I probs shouldn't post as I'm not a skin pro but love having this treatment

Latest posts

Back