Foundation?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tori S

Reaction score
Hi

I'm just building up my make-up kit. Can anyone recommend some good foundations, and how many different colours do you recommend I buy.

I love the bare minerals its fantastic make up it is all mineral based they do a matte range now too and comes in 20 different shades from very fair to very dark so you can cater for lots of skin colours. It lasts all day too so good for brides I don't tend to buy the very dark colours.

You could probably get away with 8-10 foundations to start with, and just blend them to get the right tones. Then just expand your collection as your business grows.

Bare Minerals is good but can cause some nasty reactions (as my friend found out right before her wedding!). While I am 100% biased, I would recommend Mineral Hygienics over Bare Minerals because it is effectively the formula Bare Minerals USED to be, i.e. pure and simple. Yet you can still get amazing effects and vivid colours with it if needed - natural doesn't have to mean boring.

Like I say, I am totally biased in favour of Mineral Hygienics but I do genuinely believe that pure makeup, free of dyes, chemicals and additives, is the way to go.

Normal cosmetics, I can't fault MAC and Mineral, I adore Jane Iredale x

For liquid foundation I'm a sucker for Lancome. For minerals I like Jane Iredale and Art Deco.

I think I've got about a dozen or so shades. I usually go around the counters asking for tester pots in various brands if I want to get something new in.

As an aside, I was on a course with a girl today who's make up looked beautiful, really soft and dewy, when I asked which foundation she was wearing it was Revlon Photo Ready. We were on a course all day and it looked fabulous from 9am through until 5pm. I'm definitely going to take a look at it!

You could probably get away with 8-10 foundations to start with, and just blend them to get the right tones. Then just expand your collection as your business grows.

Bare Minerals is good but can cause some nasty reactions (as my friend found out right before her wedding!). While I am 100% biased, I would recommend Mineral Hygienics over Bare Minerals because it is effectively the formula Bare Minerals USED to be, i.e. pure and simple. Yet you can still get amazing effects and vivid colours with it if needed - natural doesn't have to mean boring.

Like I say, I am totally biased in favour of Mineral Hygienics but I do genuinely believe that pure makeup, free of dyes, chemicals and additives, is the way to go.

Would you say MH are similar to BM original, or the later matte? Thanks !

I'm a true fan of Estée Lauder Double Wear. The coverage is amazing,and it lasts all day. I've been up at 7 for work,and gone straight out after,got home at 3am after a nights clubbing and it's STILL been a nightmare to get off! Love it!xxxx

Dermalogica foundation! LOVE IT

The only thing to watch out about double wear is it tends to look really white in photos. So watch out with that one. X

Oh so true about the double wear in photos! I swear by mac nowadays :) x

And I would say 3 shades, light to dark, then you can mix and blend as needed! X

Oh so true about the double wear in photos! I swear by mac nowadays :) x

Yeah plus I find it just looks very flat in photographs.

EL double wear builds up around my mouth no matter how I apply n after a while it oxidises on my skin :( but I mix it with a Studio Fix Fluid and I quite like it haha

Latest posts

Back