Foundation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jemmarose

Reaction score
Hey I'm actually a hairdresser but I was hoping for advice from all make up artists. I have really oily skin- I use a matte primer and have two different matte foundations plus an illamasqua powder. No matter how much I try or how many different brands I buy I always end up shiny by the end of the day and my make up transfers onto everything! Can anyone help me? 😔

Not a skin geek but have you tried a translucent powder over the top of your foundation ? x

Jane Iredale pure pressed base. Lovely finish and lasts all day.

Vicki x

Do you use a moisturiser in the morning? I've stopped using mine under foundation after my tutor told me to. I started to use a primer instead and I find that helps.

I agree. I moisturise intensively overnight (serum and oil) and skip moisturiser in the day. If you are oily, have you tried the powder under your foundation trick? Lookup waynegoss on YouTube for info xx

I don't moisturise because I got told it can make my skin worse. I've never tried powder underneath foundation! Will look that up, thanks everyone x

You still need to use a moisturiser with oily skin, I just put a little in my cheeks and make sure it's oil free xx

Using a matte primer and matte foundation can increase the skins sebum production as it stresses it out, especially if you are combining them with products that strip oil like certain cleansers and toners and 😱face wipes, and when you combine that with not moisturising it makes everything twice as bad. I would recommend a BHA cleanser with about a 2% salicylic acid content cleanser and a hydration serum x2 daily, something with a good concentration of hyaluronic acid in it like dermaquest B5 hydration serum. Dial back any stripping products and make sure you moisturise at night. Make up wise use a primer after hydrating the skin and try not to over do all the matte products. Hope that helps

Latest posts

Back