Framesi colour help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martyn

Reaction score
hi guys... after being with L'Oreal for, like, 25 years, we have swapped to Framesi. it seems like a good colour but i am having problems with a glassy result

i spoke to the technical advisor Sally and was told that the peroxide strengths instead of 6% & 9% are 3% & 4.5% so have been using this ( This is with Framesi 2001 and 2001 Intense) but the problem still occurs... anyone got any ideas? i would go back to 6% & 7.5% but dont want to blow the colour molecule and end up with the same issue for different reasons... if its that i will have to pre-soften to get the colour in then i think i will be headed back to L'Oreal as the time saved will easily offset the colour cost saving, sadly

@ronray any ideas?

Regards
Martyn

And A HAPPY NEW YEAR to all :)

hi guys... after being with L'Oreal for, like, 25 years, we have swapped to Framesi. it seems like a good colour but i am having problems with a glassy result

i spoke to the technical advisor Sally and was told that the peroxide strengths instead of 6% & 9% are 3% & 4.5% so have been using this ( This is with Framesi 2001 and 2001 Intense) but the problem still occurs... anyone got any ideas? i would go back to 6% & 7.5% but dont want to blow the colour molecule and end up with the same issue for different reasons... if its that i will have to pre-soften to get the colour in then i think i will be headed back to L'Oreal as the time saved will easily offset the colour cost saving, sadly

@ronray any ideas?

Regards
Martyn

And A HAPPY NEW YEAR to all :)
Hi there, sorry what is the issue you're having? Is it transparency on whute coverage? Or are just not happy with the coverage all together?

Hi there... sorry, been a bit busy. A good chunk of our business is very roots retouches so as far as I’m aware it’s transparency on grey hair... kinda like L’Oreal supreme used to be... when we used that it looked really transparent as if not taken when wet but seemed to dry up “ok”... Framesi keeps doing that or downright not taking

I did however use an intense 6.00 with 6% and grey booster yesterday which I left for 30 rather than 20 and that seemed better, still glassier to my critical eye but fine otherwise

We have a tech session coming up mid feb so maybe that will shed some light. But it’s a hard sell to my stylists when we keep having issues ‍♀️

Regards
Martyn

Hi there... sorry, been a bit busy. A good chunk of our business is very roots retouches so as far as I’m aware it’s transparency on grey hair... kinda like L’Oreal supreme used to be... when we used that it looked really transparent as if not taken when wet but seemed to dry up “ok”... Framesi keeps doing that or downright not taking

I did however use an intense 6.00 with 6% and grey booster yesterday which I left for 30 rather than 20 and that seemed better, still glassier to my critical eye but fine otherwise

We have a tech session coming up mid feb so maybe that will shed some light. But it’s a hard sell to my stylists when we keep having issues ‍♀

Regards
Martyn
Change your developer to 15vol instead, framesi is designed to cover with 10vol. I found 10vol isn't quite enough to cover stubborn white, I changed it to 15 vol and now that's my go to. A lot of people fnd using the tints with 10vol makes them too dark, I find with 15vol it comes out more like you expect it.

Latest posts

Back