Frazzled blonde hair....help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pink_bunny

Reaction score
Hi, I've had my hair blonde for as long as I can remember, its naturally, well actually I have no clue what colour it would be, kinda mousey brown i suppose?

Anyway, its got progressively thinner and weaker (and shorter as its breaking), I know this is because the bleach dries my hair out, then i straighten it and swim twice a week so chlorinate the hell out of it too! I am EVIL to my hair! I just don't have the heart or nerve to dye it darker unless its going to drastically improve my hair's condition.

I hot oil treatment it once a week ,always use a heat protection spray when i use my hairdryer and straightners, i only try and wash it minimally so that i don't have to straighten it but because i hit the pool i figure its probably better to wash out the chlorine??

Just wondering if anyone had any other ideas about how to make my hair thicker and healthier, is dying it darker better for it? I dn't want products to make it look thicker, I actually want my hair to recover! Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hiya, I had the very same problem with mine a few months ago and the colourist simply refused to colour it again until I had ridiculous 4 inch roots!! The roots were unbearable but it was either that, go dark or lose my hair altogether!! Anyway, in the mean time I used 'Redken' butter treat-everytime I washed my hair-put loads on and left it as long as I could before washing it out and leaving a bit in doesn't do any harm!! It's about £15 available only in salons (I think!), I also calmed down with the straightening, wore my hair up-a lot-and wore a very glamourous swimming cap when swimming!!
Hope this helps, my hair is definitely almost back to 'normal' now!!

Dont dye it dark yourself if you want it dark , you will have to go cold turkey for a while . swimming strips colour from hair ,and the shampoos that are best for removing chlorine ( awful to hair chlorine is) will also take the colour out .
so all i can advise really is - get your hair trimmed every 6 weeks , use a chlorine shampoo and use treatments . straighten your hair less ( ideally twice a week or less) . And get your hair coloured by a proffessional - they will be better to advise and there is less chance of overlap with the colour ( reducing breakage)

I love Redken products. Would you think I am strange for saying I really love the smell too!

why are you using bleach if you are only mousy , you could be fabulously blond using tints and colours instead. kinder to hair, shinier, healthier and substantialy less damage .hope helped. ciao

I love Redken products. Would you think I am strange for saying I really love the smell too!

Lol thats one of the reasons for liking a product! not strange!

The best u can do is treatments at least twice a week, see if your local salon does any major treatments, the new Redken Chemistry 4 step treatment is amazing.

Latest posts

Back