Freaked out over lash extensions...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BonBon

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

Right I know i'm being silly and need to get a grip :smack: I did a lash extension course nearly a month ago which was good and I enjoyed. I found it difficult (as i suspect lots of people do) but...... I have not had the opportunity to practice on anyone yet!! :irked: I now have developed a real phobia about doing them, don't think I'll be capable of doing a good job and am generally bricking it:Scared::cry:

Did anyone else feel like this, Im thinking of practising on some strip lashes on the cat (joke) or something. Any suggestions apart from coming over and giving me the slap I deserve!!

it's not hard to do the basics eg. setting up and the seperating ang gluing so don't worry about that and the rest like getting times down and more lashes in all come with practise and i bet as soon as you get to that 1st practise on your own that you'll know exactly what to do! it'll all just come to you. i have only done 1 set though, but i'm sure somebody else far more experienced than me will come along and tell you the exact same things :D
x

Lol, I trained in lashes in Jan and have done loads of sets, then had a week off and was dreading doing my first set again yesterday. It went perfectly, and had no trouble. You just panic because it isn't second nature yet, that's all. I was worried that I would lose the knack :)
Best thing to do is get stuck back into it straight away and also a good tip I was told was practice little and often when not got clients, just to keep on top of things. Whether it is strip lashes on baby annabel or a few lashes poked into a sponge, it really doesn't matter. Just keep doing a little bit as often as you can and you will be amazed at how quickly you pick up speed and confidence.

Good luck hun xxxx

Thanks ladies, I will get practicing, just lacking in confidence at the mo. I know i can do and want to do it. Just got to get over this silly mental block :eek:

Thanks ladies, I will get practicing, just lacking in confidence at the mo. I know i can do and want to do it. Just got to get over this silly mental block :eek:

Try attaching some strip lashes to a hard boiled egg or an apple and practise on that, (little tip from my trainer)

I was really nervous doing my first set post training but I set up a facebook page and advertised for models at half normal price I stated that I had just trained and needed practice models and set a limited on the time that I was offering this for I have been booked solid and have really built up my confidence and also most the people who i did for half price have returned for infills (which I didnt discount) so I have actually built up a really good lash customer base.

Wish I was nearer you hun as I would be a willing model, hardly anyone near me offers this service so I cant even have them on myself :(

Try also Salon Guinea Pig - Find models for practising hair, beauty and nails treatments, college courses, training courses, competitions, etc. there are loads of people on there willing to be models
HTH

Deb

Anytime you need help please feel free to PM x

Try attaching some strip lashes to a hard boiled egg or an apple and practise on that, (little tip from my trainer)

I was really nervous doing my first set post training but I set up a facebook page and advertised for models at half normal price I stated that I had just trained and needed practice models and set a limited on the time that I was offering this for I have been booked solid and have really built up my confidence and also most the people who i did for half price have returned for infills (which I didnt discount) so I have actually built up a really good lash customer base.

Wish I was nearer you hun as I would be a willing model, hardly anyone near me offers this service so I cant even have them on myself :(

Try also Salon Guinea Pig - Find models for practising hair, beauty and nails treatments, college courses, training courses, competitions, etc. there are loads of people on there willing to be models
HTH

Deb

Anytime you need help please feel free to PM x

Deb I'm training with Glam Lash tomorrow and I'm in South Shields, I'd be happy to put some lashes on for you if want to be a half price model...lol.

Bonbon i'm quite nervous about doing my training tomorrow and no doubt will find it really difficult and fiddly to grasp but I'm determined I'm going to come away tomorrow night full of confidence!!

I think the practising on a boiled egg or apple is a great idea...i'll have to keep that in mind. I'm going to offer half price treatments to a limited amount of people so I can keep my hand in and try to build up confidence/speed.

Good luck with it, I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine xx

Thanks Deb, your comments are re-assuring and giving me great ideas. I have willing models but as I'm not from the area i'm living at the moment(looong story lol) they're all a good 100 mile drive away. I know i have my sister in laws to do in July when I go there. So yes I wish you were nearer too.
Gonna practice on something fruity and when I feel confident I will see if any of my tanning clients fancy a set doing.

Thanks for your advice

Maria x

Thanks and have fun on your training x

Hi

Sorry for not posting back sooner been a mad weekend

I would happyily me a model for I will pm you my number give me a ring to arrange

Hope your training went well, did Leeanne train you she is lovely got the patience of a saint lol

Deb
x

Latest posts

Back