French acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loopylisa7

Reaction score
I am currently in the process of completing my home study.

This is my first proper set of extensions with french acrylic.

Clear tip blended, then white and elegant pink (NSI).

I can see some faults myself already but appreciate all feedback and tips.

thanks girlies.

Well done for posting for critique....however Your picture is too small to actually see anything clearly.
Try to repost some pictures, straight on, side view to see apex, and down the barrel to see the c curve. Then we should be able to help you.

Thank you for replying - I dont have any alternative pics which is a bit stupid of me really!

I will be doing another set tonight so will post for you to critique.

thanks xx

Even though the picture is small, I can straight away see that your smile line is too far up the nail. you need a little more work on crisping your smile line.

The smile line I did was where the natural free edge was under the tip, the lady had very very short nails. Am I not right to do this?
xx

The smile line I did was where the natural free edge was under the tip, the lady had very very short nails. Am I not right to do this?
xx

I, personally, would've elongated the pink with cover powder to give the illusion that her nail beds are longer than they really are, and it would correct the pink to white ratio for a nice french look. But some people like the white being halfway down the nail! I wish the picture was a little bigger, but well done for completing a set of French L&P!

Well done on completing your first set, it's a nice feeling isn't it?

I have to agree with the comment already made, the pic is too small to really see anything in detail but the 3 things I picked up on are:

Smile line too high, it would be a much better result if you used a cover pink (NSI have some beautiful new cover pinks) and elongate the clients nail bed if they have short nail beds, very short nails or bitten nails.
Next is your pink to white ratio, the white free edge is way too long and this makes the nail bed area look fat and stumpy, a quick way to fix this problem a little and make it look a little bit better is to just simply file down the white. The idea is to go 2/3 pink and 1/3 white and this will give you a more balanced looking nail.
The last thing is and it might just be the photo but the tips look a little wide for the nail. Remember to keep the bulk of the white in the middle of the smile line to build towards your apex slightly and then taper the edges out slightly so you don't get bulky sidewalls and tip on the free edge.

If the client wants to have long nails, don't use total white to add the length, use a cover pink to extend the nail bed and then use 1/3 ratio for the free edge and explain this to the client so they understand what you are doing and why.
I have actually made up some color pops to show this issue to my clients. I made one that has a high smile line and long white free edge and then did another one with an extended nail bed using cover pink and a small amount of white and when the client sees them, they can straight away see the difference for themselves and I haven't had one client yet, go for the unbalanced stumpy pink and white.

Keep practicing sweetie and you will get there, we all had to start somewhere and the best thing you can do is take any advice as constructive criticism and not as a fellow tech being mean.
The best way to help you is to point out where you are going wrong and this way you can improve on it.

Latest posts

Back