French, gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctonra

Reaction score
Hello-
What do you use for doing a French with gel polish-
I've seen a dotting tool
A nail art brush
A nail art striping brush
The gel polish brush & then clean up smile with a small length gel brush dipped in alcohol.
** I find this tricky because I feel unsteady doing this clean up process & feel like I make it worse??????
Suggestions?

Anyone- ? Lol

I use the gel polish brush then tidy with a blunt nail art brush x

Sent from the catphone

I cure base coat and one coat of pink, then before curing second pink coat I use a gel brush to create smile line so forms a sort of well. Cure that then paint white and top coat. Doing this makes it easy to apply white as glides into space without need to tidy really and then is same level as pink so no ridge/bulging edge if that makes sense?!!

I cure base coat and one coat of pink, then before curing second pink coat I use a gel brush to create smile line so forms a sort of well. Cure that then paint white and top coat. Doing this makes it easy to apply white as glides into space without need to tidy really and then is same level as pink so no ridge/bulging edge if that makes sense?!!

What a great idea..!!! *runs off to try*

I've done that too, my clients' think it's just the best method and it works very well. After a few tries, you get very good at it.

Oh I like the sound of this! Waiting on a client coming now, I hope she wants French 😄

Amanda xx

I paint quickly a rough line and then tidy with an angled gel brush sweeping inside from one side yo other...perfect!

Oh LouLou100 that idea sounds GREAT!!!!!!!!!!
I HAVE TRIED a few different brushes & trying to clean up but never quite happy - I want to try this method- hopefully eliminate that white ridge too!
Thanks everyone!

Latest posts

Back