French ombré with Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktjane86

Reaction score
Hi geeks just wondering how u do French ombré in shellac , I know that lecente have the powders but wondering if u can do it with the polish thanks

There are lots of threads about ombres with gel polish, in truth I don't think anyone has successfully mastered it. There are videos on YouTube etc with a variety of techniques but they all seem to be super time consuming and each nail takes too long which makes them unrealistic for busy salon environment.

I've not seen any successful pigment solutions either, they are always pigments with shimmers in, no good for those who don't want/like shimmers. I've tried a few matt pigments but I still can't master it good one, the white pigments are lumpy and don't blend well.

L&P seems to be the best solution for ombres

I do ombres with a combination of shellac and pigments.

It is possible to ombre a shellac colours with a powder. For example, paint the whole nail in bicycle yellow and then blend a neon orange powder onto the top half of the nail.

I do ombres with a combination of shellac and pigments.

It is possible to ombre a shellac colours with a powder. For example, paint the whole nail in bicycle yellow and then blend a neon orange powder onto the top half of the nail.

It definitely seems to be achievable with anything other than Pink & White - I've seen some stunning colour ombres with all sorts but P&W just seems to be elusive :rolleyes::p

Beau with white pigment powder burnished v thinly.

Beau with white pigment powder burnished v thinly.

Who's white pigment do you use, I've tried GnarlyNails and a couple of random eBay whites with no success

Fee Wallace did a live feed using the new Lecente powders and I believe she demonstrated a way to minimise the shimmer. Not used them myself though. :)

Aww thanks for everyone's replies. Think I'm just going to have a play around, like the idea with the beau and white pigments, lecente ombré I'm not a fan of the pink it's too pink xx

Who's white pigment do you use, I've tried GnarlyNails and a couple of random eBay whites with no success

That's exactly the pigment that I use. I use a very small brush and add a tiny amount.

That's exactly the pigment that I use. I use a very small brush and add a tiny amount.

Thanks for the update. I tried all sorts but it just seemed to clump as soon as it hit the dispersion layer and no amount of brushing would blend it into a decent fade. I tried lots of small amounts to layer but it looked lumpy, and bigger amounts that just clumped so gave up o_O

I will polish and cure each half, then polish again then blend using an ombré brush. Then repeat several times. It takes forever though and in pink and white it looks dreadfful. It's only ever looked half decent in darker colours. I personnaly would only offer it as a statement nail. But I haven't tried any powders yet, only gel.

Have you tried Lecenté new pink and white ombré powders?

Latest posts

Back