French plaits

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blutopaz

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wondered how much you guys charge when you do a french plait on

a) children
b) adults

I don't normally get a call for it, but in the last few weeks i have and not sure how much is a fair price all round.

I know its going to differ from place to place and have had a look at local salons but no-one offers them as a particular service, it must just go into hair ups im guessing when they actually have a client for it.

thanks for your help guys :)

At the salon I normally go to (in Hartlepool) it depends if you want just scalp french plaiting or you want full head.

Medium Length Scalp French Plait - £4
Medium Length Full Head - £5

Long Length Scalp French Plait - £5
Long Length Full Head - £6

If you want ribbons in for the child then she charges 50p per ribbon set.

Hope this helps!

x

WHAT?!!!!!
I charge the same as for a blow dry. Around 20 quid. I dont charge less for children.

I know , its the time involved for these services isnt it ? I think that those prices are very cheap too :eek:
they should be queing up around the corner to get them done at such a low prices wow :)

if was was just doing a french plait for a child, normally it takes 2 minutes so would charge £5. if it was an adult then probably the same if it was a quicky french plait.

Hi , well it would take me two hours :lol: lol x so I don't offer them,
as I have always been c**ppy at them I have always had admiration for people who could do them with such dexterity ,
I think it definitly is a gift
I could sit and watch someone plaiting all day long it mesmerises me
especially people who do those weaves in tiny little rows ,
my daughter does all sorts of plaits far better than me , as do some mothers too
:)

I do french plaits, but dont do the scalp plaiting I find it too fiddly for me.

But for french plaits takes about 10 mins depending on length and if they just want the one plait or one on each side.

price wise it starts from £6 thats either children or adults and goes from there

Doesnt matter if it only takes 10 mins. It only takes that time because you are skilled at it! Charge properly for your skills!

It cost £5 for my french plait when I was a bridesmaid in 1986!

I agree the price shouldn't alter for kids, I had massive hair and it took longer to do mine than any of the grown-ups!

Doesnt matter if it only takes 10 mins. It only takes that time because you are skilled at it! Charge properly for your skills!

I think this is so right too :) as you have all trained very hard as professional hairdressers
so you should be charging a fair and decent price for them
as after all they are "professional plaits" :hug:

Latest posts

Back