French Polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lorraineg2004

Reaction score
Hi
I have my first paying client wanting an express manicure with french polish tomorrow. (As only opened shop last Monday)
However i have not done this for a long time i always do
base coat
2 coats of orly french manicure pink
then tip with orly french manicure white
Than top coat.
This is what i have always done ,
But i have done several searches on french polish just for a look and seen some people are applying the white before the pink what do you all do?
All replies grateful
Thanks

Hi Lorraine,

Good luck with your first paying client x
I apply 1 coat base, then my white smile, then 1 coat of pink, then top coat, then finish off with a spritz of solar spray.
I find that the nail looks smoother when applying the pink after the white, it seems to all melt into one rather than if the white's on top it sort of looks stuck on, god that doesn't make sense at all does it! It looks more natural with the pink over the white is what I'm trying to say x

hey,

i have always done it the other way round -

1 x base coat
2 x thin coats of white polish
1 or 2 x thin coats of pink polish
1 x top coat or UV Perma Gloss

I'm not sure whether this would be the 'right' or 'wrong' way to do it but this is how i prefer to do it as it softens the white slighty to create a more delicate finish.
Also, there are so many different french manicure colours available now so I do not always stick to the above quantities...sometimes its a case of trial and error - when i buy new colours i have a play around to see which combination of pink and white looks best. One other thing to bear in mind is how the client wants the end result to look....some prefer a whiter tip and others don't!!!
hope this helps!

heavenly said:
Hi Lorraine,

Good luck with your first paying client x
I apply 1 coat base, then my white smile, then 1 coat of pink, then top coat, then finish off with a spritz of solar spray.
I find that the nail looks smoother when applying the pink after the white, it seems to all melt into one rather than if the white's on top it sort of looks stuck on, god that doesn't make sense at all does it! It looks more natural with the pink over the white is what I'm trying to say x

i do
2 thin coats white tip
sticky base coat
2 coats pink/natural
1 top coat

i find this lasts much longer with the base coat on top of the white (although i still have problems with my smile). and i have less chips.

Thanks for your replies.
I think i will go with the white first as even i think it looks mega false looking with white on top ill see how it goes.
Thanks

Doesn't the pink after the white make the white look pink? Jeez, that was a mouth full.

Kimmi Rocks said:
Doesn't the pink after the white make the white look pink?
I find that having the pink over the top of the white softens the whole look and makes it look more natural. I did a French manicure earlier on and my client was over the moon because she didn't have an "in yer face" white free edge.

lorraineg2004 said:
Hi
I have my first paying client wanting an express manicure with french polish tomorrow. (As only opened shop last Monday)
base coat
Than top coat.
But i have done several searches on french polish just for a look and seen some people are applying the white before the pink what do you all do?
All replies grateful
Thanks

I have found that for a more natural nail look that the american polish is more of a creamy colour instead of jump out at you white... but I also put the pink over the white...

I also do pink over white as it does tone it down, finished with Super Shiney & Solar Speed Spray. I don't have a steady enough hand to do white over pink, much easier to tidy up a mistake if white goes on first!

i used to apply the white under the pink but i find that my ladies prefer the fresh white finish - love doing frenchies they look simple and gorgeous.

do what you feel works for you and your client hun ... trial and error ! you'll find what you prefer

kx

i do pink then white and so do my clients !
but if they dont like the white ness i would do it the other way round !!!!!

id do the same as you,

except only one coat of pink, as ive always found the more layers you do the longer it takes to dry , and they mess it up before they are 200 yards away lol

lorraineg2004 said:
Hi
base coat
Than top coat.
All replies grateful
Thanks

I do
Sticky Base Coat
2 Coats of negligee/moonlight & roses
2 coats creme puff
out the door top coat and solar spay to finish
I always think the base coats over the white makes the white turn pink! Butit all definatly comes down the personal preference

I do :

1 coat of base coat
Do smiles with Cream Puff (once)
1 or 2 coats of overlay colour (depending on what the client requires)
1 coat of top coat.

HTH

Latest posts

Back