French Polish!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodacious

Reaction score
Can anyone help with tips on how to do a really good french manicure.

We had a bridal party in and we just were not a 100% happy with what we did.

Do all the french polish's go on like tippex!!!!

Bodacious said:
Can anyone help with tips on how to do a really good french manicure.

We had a bridal party in and we just were not a 100% happy with what we did.

Do all the french polish's go on like tippex!!!!

Hi there

I swapped to Creatives Creme Puff (white) and havent looked back...Its really easy to apply and glides over the nail and leaves good coverage in one sweep - I hardly had to apply a second coat...

I take great care to rest the polishing arm to ensure a really good smile line is acheived and if its a bit wonky then a small old acrylic brush dipped in Nail Fresh (as recommended by Geeg) to tidy up...

Hope this helps you

I tried Layla's tip of painting on the white free edge with acrylic paint first ... easy to touch up any mistakes ... then follow up with a swift swipe of Creme Puff,
Have to say, the slower and more careful you go ... the more gloopy and messy it becomes.Hth

CND Creme puff for me followed by CND Negligee for the best ever french!

For a long time now I have applied the white (not all whites are like Tipex no) and tidied up by dipping an old gel brush into Nailfresh (or Scrubfresh!) and tidying the smile up then applying whichever French colour the client wants, I've got French collections from CND, OPI, Essie and Bio Solutions as I find not all clients suite the same colours. J xx

I use the same as Heather......it looks amazing with the silver northern lights topcoat over it.

My friend has hers done every week just for the hell of it and it looks gorgeousv :D

thanks guys I think we will have to have more practice on each other and try out the CND ones, at the moment we are using the Oraly french and they just seem so thick!

Sorry to jump in on this thread...but im not much good at french polish either....do you do the white first, tidy up the smile line, then go over the whole nail including the white with the pink? doesnt it make the white go 'pinky'? ive been trying to do the pink 1st, then white, so not able to tidy up as i'd wipe off the pink too!! lol x

Hi hun - I base coat, apply white (Creme Puff) and tidy smile line with Nail Fresh if needed, apply second coat of white if needed and then all over with Negligee and Top coat to finish....Voila!

Hi ya i do base coat one coat of creme puff then negligee then top coat when doin the white u have to try to do it really quick cos the slower u go the messier it is also if u make a mistake dont try to correct it with the nail brush cos u will make it worse use scrubfresh or redo the nail, i also as i do it roll the finger slightly rather than usin the brush hope this makes sense to u keep practising u will get it

I use a clear basecoat, followed by COLOR POP (essie) or MARILYN (cnd) then for white I use OPI's Alpine Snow. I put on white by sweeping side to side. It's pretty easy although i find that OPI polishes get gunky rather quickly so I need to watch that b4 i let the brush touch the nail.

Latest posts

Back