French rebalance with drilling out white tip and applying a new french tip?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachel Mary

Reaction score
Hi,
A girlfriend of mine came over for a visit yesterday and we were having a chat about a woman we know who is a great nail tech who owns her own salon and teaches at a company here in Adelaide. My friend was telling me when she does her french rebalances she doesnt do it with white powder she drills out the frech tip and replaces it with a new french tip and applies acrylic over it, apparently it takes her half an hour. This woman has been doing nails for over 20years and no, its not an NSS.
How would you do this? Does anyone else do it this way? Could you tell me where you would even stick a tip on the acrylic? I do mine the normal way with the white powder, but I would be interested in hearing how this is done because i cant get my head around it!
I asked another nail tech, and she agreed that this womans work is superb as they have worked together in a salon a few years back, but she was never trained in french. So how does she teach? Anyway I just would like to hear from anyone who knows step by step how you would do it?
Thanks in advance.:Love:

Seems like you already explained it, give it a go. It seems like cheating, but technically it's the same as a new set, glued onto the free edge (the newly drilled out one) then plastered with acrylic. Can't hurt to try and obviously the girls reputation is in tact. There is more than one way to skin a rabbit.

Mmmm...you sure she isn't just drilling out the white and replacing it....???

seems a long way round to do something thats quite easy, even though they do say its takes her half an hour...why take a tip off just to put it back on again.

xx

Mmmm...you sure she isn't just drilling out the white and replacing it....???

seems a long way round to do something thats quite easy, even though they do say its takes her half an hour...why take a tip off just to put it back on again.

xx

I agree, it doesn't sound like very good practice to me, but I'm assuming she is using white tips hence, if they grow out, they don't look so good anymore...

Marlise

Makes sense to me, she drills off the white all the way down to the natural nail (moving back the smile line) sticks a french tip on (instead of using white powder) creating a new crisp smile line, then goes over the top with clear.
I'm gonna try it next French fill, although I don't have all that many (I don't encourage them). It's an interesting idea ( a refreshingly cheating approach) Better than the NSS spray painting a new free edge then going over the top with acrylic (which doesn't adhere to the paint) At least you know the acrylic will bond to the new tip using this "different" method.

But if that natural nail has grown and she is removing the tip she must be either...1) removing the natural nail (i like to encourage infill's to NNO and my clients would be upset if i was to remove there natural nails) ......or 2) she is adhering a new nail tip onto a longer nail ???....sorry i am all for new and different ideas, but this just doesn't make any sense to me at all.....maybe I'd have to see it done. x

I agree, it doesn't sound like very good practice to me, but I'm assuming she is using white tips hence, if they grow out, they don't look so good anymore...

Marlise
Yes she is using white tips:Love:

Latest posts

Back