Fresh from The Polished Nail Course!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xsammi82x

Reaction score
Well, I have to say, I was very pleasantly surprised and I thoroughly enjoyed myself!

When I first booked this course, I was a little reluctant as i did my Foundation in L&P waaaaaay back in 2003 but, I have learnt a few things today and would definitely recommend this to EVERYONE, even if you think you are the most accomplished artist. Being a Master in L&P, I am working towards the current standard of Master Technician because, as we all know, times, trends, and technology is changing all the time. I felt that I should do all the new course material even though it wasn't compulsory for me so that when I got to the Master Painter course, I would be thoroughly refreshed and up to date.

I did think (along with my hubby) that this may have been a little bit of a waste of money but I was proved wrong and picked up a few tricks along the way.

I know the new course structure from CND has been talked about a lot on the Geek, some of which I have participated in, with most people saying they thought the courses were over priced so I thought I would come and give you my opinion.

Am I really busy and short for free time? Yes. Could I paint nails before I attended the course today? Definitely. Have a learnt new techniques and found out some fun facts today? Absolutely!

So, those of you planning on the Master courses, I strongly advise you to attend this course. It really was like a breath of fresh air!

Thanks for reading xxxx

So, those of you planning on the Master courses, I strongly advise you to attend this course. It really was like a breath of fresh air!

Sammi,
so glad you had a great experience!
Thanks for sharing!

This is good to know as I'm hoping to do this course :) x

I'm going to be doing the Master Painter's class with my CND Educator here in the U.S. in the coming months. Super excited....well kinda'.

My first choice was Jen (AKA Busybee32). But I had to make other arrangement since she wouldn't fly here to Florida to give me a one-on-one. She's such a COW!

I'm going to be doing the Master Painter's class with my CND Educator here in the U.S. in the coming months. Super excited....well kinda'.

My first choice was Jen (AKA Busybee32). But I had to make other arrangement since she wouldn't fly here to Florida to give me a one-on-one. She's such a COW!

Ha ha! I saw you ask and her flatly refuse in another thread! I think she was dead mean =P

I have my Master Painter Booked for April 2nd I think, can't come quick enough!

Good luck with yours sweetie xx

How was the day structured Sammi?

We covered history, ingredients and properties of the colours and effects, pep, treatments, the 3 free was explained fully, benefits of the polishes including bottle design, colour analysis, perfect application of colours, effects and french manicure and some textured nail art techniques

Not in that order though!

I was worried that I would be bored but I wasn't at all. And, I met some lovely like minded ladies =]

It sounds like a lot was covered! Glad you enjoyed it. :)

Hunni I told you before, how many times we gonna have this convo??Pay or my flight and put me up and I will teach you anything 1-2-1 :eek: Well within reason and as long as it's CND related.
May even teach you some good old cockney slang.
Coz you gurl is having a TIN BATH!!!
:smack:
Loves ya xoxoxo

Ha ha! I saw you ask and her flatly refuse in another thread! I think she was dead mean =P

I have my Master Painter Booked for April 2nd I think, can't come quick enough!

Good luck with yours sweetie xx
:eek:Did Someone log on as me and do this then? Or maybe I was sleep typing, I seriously dont remember this :eek: "Am I losing my mind?....
:lol: your another who needs a :smack:I think

I've booked my master painter today! Woop!

I haven't done the polised nail but the lady at the education centre said it wasn't reccomended so I could just do master if I wanted. So that's what I've done :) x

Just to rub it in, I am doing the Polished Nail class with Jen in March!! hehe
Can't wait!!:biggrin:

Just to rub it in, I am doing the Polished Nail class with Jen in March!! hehe
Can't wait!!:biggrin:

gr8nailz-albums-my+world-picture42079-too-funny.jpg

May I just add.... I hate you.

Hi Sammi

I was on this course with you. I have just over 1 year's experience now and most of that has been in shellac, due to it's popularity. So I wanted to do this course to get my polishing technique better and move towards master painter. I picked up loads of little tips, just things that make it all click and things you just need to see in person. Plus I am not so nervous of normal polish now and feel a lot more confident in my abilities. I had lost my nerve due to doing back to back shellac as the polishes dry so quick. But I want to get faster and strongly believe a solid skill in polishing leads to the best shellac service.

It was so much fun as everyone was so enthusiastic and we got to play with lots of colours I don't own. Plus it renewed my love for the colours and effects. Shellac is popular but there are always ladies which will want just a normal polish and this course showed there is still lots you can do with the colours and effects to make your service unique, exciting and something they will want.

Thanks to the others girls too as I did not feel out of place despite their experience over me, lovely to meet you both - I must admit I was really nervous at first! So it did hit all levels and so lovely to see the trainer really enjoying teaching us too. :green:

Latest posts

Back