Friends are the worst clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuZz'<3

Reaction score
My friends getting married next year and wants me to do her hair, I've quoted her the same as we would in the salon because I would be going to her and i feel our salon prices are very reasonable...

Bride:£30
Adult bridesmaid/mother of the bride: £20
Under 16yrs: £15
Under 10yrs: &10

Her total would be £60
Her, 1 adult bridesmaid, 1 7yrs old

She said its way to much :/ ive heard of brides being quoted £100 just for their hair. Am I being reasonable?

P.s when I say friend I haven't none her too long, more of a friend within Group of friends x

Does she realise how much other places charge just to do a run through before the big day!?

Dont budge on your price I think you are already under cutting yourself. If she isnt happy advise her to compare elsewhere.

Cor... what a liberty! x

My friends getting married next year and wants me to do her hair, I've quoted her the same as we would in the salon because I would be going to her and i feel our salon prices are very reasonable...

Her total would be £60

She said its way to much :/ ive heard of brides being quoted £100 just for their hair. Am I being reasonable?

P.s when I say friend I haven't none her too long, more of a friend within Group of friends x

My goodness the cheek of her! I would be "busy" that day just for the sheet brass neck on her. Cheeky mare!

Don't every bow to pressure. Charge as you normally would. She'll soon realise when she shops around how very reasonable your prices are.

That's reasonable!

Is she a good friend??

Friends defo are the worst clients, always want something for nothing.
It's okay if they offer with beauty treatments or childcare, but no one ever offers.
I feel such a MUG!

x x x

I would stick to your rates as you are already under selling self.

Any good friend friend would pay your rates as they would appreciate the hard work that goes in to what you do for bridal hair up etc.

This woman obviously doesn't appreciate you/your hard work or the good rate you are offering so I would be inclined if it was me to politely tell her to jog on and give her the number of the local hairdressing college or advise her to put an advert on gum tree!

Ha shes not your friend, shes trying to guilt trip you. My take on a "friend" like this, (inbetweeners style!) i would say hell i give it to you a wedding prezzie if you plus 4 get invited plus bar bill, then she'll shut up....hee hee! Be cheeky right back with people lke this otherwise you're gona second guess and think you're not reasonable enough when you most certainly are! xoxo

That is very reasonable even for a friend. Leave it with her if she thinks its too much, she will soon be back once she gets a few more quotes!

Very reasonable. I charge £65 for a bride( including trial) but £15 to £20 per bridesmaide

Thankyou for all your views, I work in a rather small salon.

2stylists, boss who is a barber and 1 beautician who is only in every other day. We are also in a rather small area so our prices are reasonable, so I have just gone with the salon prices. Trial runs are £20 per person and then wedding prices as above. We find these prices are good because they usually then book in with our beautician too for eye brows and lashes and make up for the big day so we usually make a decent ammount.

She isn't a 'good friend' more of a friend that I met through friends but she's always with us at social events etc so I thought, I'll charge what the salon charges, it's abit of extra cash, I'll be going to her and she only lives Around 3mins away so travel costs aren't an issue.

But the whole 'too expensive' comment knocked me back lol

I do agree with you all, I think I will find my self busy that day haha.

I have just seen she is talking to a girl I 'trained' with on Facebook, when I say 'trained' she dropped out 3weeks in and never returned. She has quoted £5 per person! *hides face*
Shall in undercut her?! £4.50 maybe ? Hahaha oh dear.

I think I'm going to chill with a glass of wine and wait for these 'wedding photos'

I have just seen she is talking to a girl I 'trained' with on Facebook, when I say 'trained' she dropped out 3weeks in and never returned. She has quoted £5 per person! *hides face*
Shall in undercut her?! £4.50 maybe ? Hahaha oh dear.

I think I'm going to chill with a glass of wine and wait for these 'wedding photos'

PMSL: that is LUDICROUS!! Oh well, you get what you pay for (and you only get one chance at wedding photos!)....

My god id have taken your arm off at that price. She'll soon see that she'll not get a better price than that. The greed of some folk aye!

Dont sweet it honey :) x x x

Oh my days! I'm not ahair geek but I recently got married and paid over £200 for me and my 3 bridesmaids hair up and my mom a wash and blow dry at home. That was a friend and I was more than happy to pay that as we all had amazing hair on the day and it took around 3 & half hours x

£5 per head? What an absolute joke! Although Facebook is rathe notorious isn't it for things like these, full set acrylics for a fiver etc x

Im only starting off and Im loving reading these threads!

I always think if I asked friends husband who is say.....electrician, plumber, tiler, painter & decorater would they be happy to work really hard and charge buttons?? x

At the risk of sounding a complete bitch, I never charge mates rates. They pay what I charge, end of story. Very occasionally a really old friend of 30 years will come and stay, and I'll cut my prices for her but she insists on paying full price - that's a good mate!!! Don't drop your prices, you work hard, mate or not!

I totally agree with you, that's super reasonable, I find that friends tend to take the mick!
My friends seem to think that it doesn't cost anything for me to colour their hair, and it really upsets me!
But yeah, without rambling, I think that £60 for lovely hair on her special day is really a small price to pay!

Thanks for all the messages Geeks :) its very much appreciated.

Oh how I adore this site!!!!<3

Her total would be £60

Oh my life! I guess looking good on her wedding days not her priority!! Let hope she looks a mess! :wink2:

I would be more than happy with that price some people can be so cheap! Why would anyone want to cut corners on such a special day. I agree grab a glass of wine and wait for the pics they will be interesting!!

Oh my life! I guess looking good on her wedding days not her priority!! Let hope she looks a mess! :wink2:

I can see it happening, turning up to her own wedding looking like she has been dragged through a bush.

Latest posts

Back