friends reunited

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This sounds alot like 'classmates' or 'gradfinder'.

I signed up and have gotten in touch with many old classmates. Also, recently moved back to my home town to raise my children.. so have run in to several more.. been quite the ummm 'time travelling' kind of thing lol

I've had myself some GREAT laughs.

Example. One day, I was shopping at the Zellers department store. Both my girls and myself looked 'sharp' as we were heading out to visit later in the afternoon, so we were all dressed in our best.
Anyway, there I am, pushing my cart along.. kids are behaving perfectly (for a change ROFL) and who do I see, but "the" most popular girl of my grad class WHO for the record, made secondary school a bit of a nightmare for me. She was gorgeous, pretty, popular, great figure. I was stickwoman who never wore the right clothes and I really had no clue what to do with my hair.

Well.. wasn't she dealing with a tempermental 7yr old going right around the bend, and she was HUGE dressed in a dress that might have been a miu-miu for all I know (big tent like housedress). I walked more slowly... she finally looked up, caught my eye and I saw that flare of recognition, she then looked me up and down and checked out my kids... and all I did was smile this HUUUUUUUUUUGE smile that more or less meant "LOOK AT ME NOW YOU COW:!: who's the ugly duckling today, huh" :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've two other such experiences where people were sort of surprised at how great I look and I had to smother giggles at how horrid they look lol For the former school geek, it's quite the trip hehehe

Otherwise, it's been AWESOME meeting old friends and starting anew. We get our kids together for playdates, it's waaaaaaaay fun.:green:

Havent dared sign up...dunno if I really want to be contacted by people from school...I think they thought I was stuck up - which I am so not ...
hubby wouldnt like it either if any of the 'lads ' tried to get in touch with me!!

I don't like it because of the following reason.

It can be good but can also be a BAD thing. My husbands EX Wife used it to make contact with us & she is a right old B----. She's tried everything to cause trouble between us but nothing has worked & we are still together after 10 years of her trying.:)

I'm glad to hear that some good has come out of it for some people though.:green:

Latest posts

Back