Full body massage?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Della1968

Reaction score
Hi everyone I seem to be getting quite a lot of unwanted calls from guys wanting a "a bit extra" when enquiring about massage. I'm used to the odd one or two that have misread my website but now it's getting ridiculous! I usually describe the treatment and make sure they are aware of their mistake without any embarrassment but it's getting to be around one phone call every day! Yesterday's "enquiry" was so insistent he went as far as to say "no no I don't want sex I just want hand relief" seriously!! I asked him where he got my number from and he said my website which clearly states beauty and holistic therapist in the end as he wouldn't go I told him I had no appointments and blocked his number. Any advice welcome

Blimey that's a bit odd!

Do you want to put a link to your website so 'fresh eyes' can read it and make sure nothing can be misconstrued.

Certainly near me there is a 'salon' that does 'massage' and there is no doubt that you will get more than just the massage.

Sadly, I think some people may get a kick out of putting you on the spot. Have a set reply. I'm afraid I used to just not do men, so would just say "I'm really sorry, I don't treat male clients" and sometimes got abuse for that.

Is the number withheld, and if not, is it different numbers every time?

Vic x

Perhaps you could add on the end that you are a professional beauty therapist and nothing else so please don't embarrass yourself by asking for extras that are not on my website xx

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi geeks, how do you get the title of a new thread to be bold? I know you can make the message content bold but have no idea how you make the title bold to stand out?

Thanks everyone yes it's different numbers but this last one was really insistent my website is www.mobileholisticandbeauty.co.uk

I would be grateful if you could have a look and see what you think

Nightmare - seriously, would they ask their dentist or hairdresser for JUST 'hand relief'!

I have a section on my website about behaviour - not sure if it is prominent enough but only had one request on the phone. Must admit that I have just started massage so that could increase!

Stay strong x

I was having the same problem when it started to get worse (I was getting calls early hours of the morning from men) I decided to make myself just female only and clearly state that on my website I now don't get any calls from men asking for a special massage.

Sadly I had to refuse to take no new male clients. I have a handful but they are guys I knew before I started beauty and are trustworthy. I had a few men being disgusting about certain areas of their bodies needing "special attention" and one even said "I can't be held responsible for what happens with you touching me all over" 😳😳
It's a shame you get these calls, perhaps a notice on your site about behaviour would be beneficial?

I refuse to see male clients full stop based on past experiences. Yes I get given a mouthful over the phone about how "sexism" is illegal. However, in the last 2 years I have had loads of "do you offer hand relief?" do you offer any extras?" etc, ect from men so I am merely protecting myself. Safety first and all that. I'm mobile btw.

The salon I used to work in would only treat make clients that were referee by an existing female client, I was there a year and never had a problem :) maybe worth trying something like this to start rather than no men at all x

What is it with men... are they that desperate. Seriously.

What is it with men... are they that desperate. Seriously.

Sometimes I think it's "banter" because they feel uncomfortable but other times it is just pure filth. I can take a joke and a lark but not where me being alone with a virtually nude stranger is concerned.

Sometimes I think it's "banter" because they feel uncomfortable but other times it is just pure filth. I can take a joke and a lark but not where me being alone with a virtually nude stranger is concerned.

Lol thats fair enough. I just dont get why theyd go as far as "hand relief" loll

No I don't understand it either. There really is no need at all. I think I will only take male clients from referrals. This last one really put me off. I was worried that as he was so insistent over the phone he could potentially be a problem if I were to make an appointment and as you say safety first.

Thanks everyone for your replies

Lol thats fair enough. I just dont get why theyd go as far as "hand relief" loll

I meant paying for hand relief lol

Thanks everyone yes it's different numbers but this last one was really insistent my website is www.mobileholisticandbeauty.co.uk

I would be grateful if you could have a look and see what you think

I've looked at your website & the only bit that springs out is the "stress relief" part that could be interpreted in the wrong way by men that are looking for this type of service x

I have done a bit of rewording I hope that puts a stop to it thank you everyone

Nor me! Some people are just simply gross lol

I hope you don't take this the wrong way.... :) I'm just trying to help.
But I would suggest you have another look at the wording describing your massages. Your opening sentence talks about 'rubbing, pressing and manipulating skin' Then latter you mention 'using fingers arms and feet to apply light stroking to deep pressure.'
I know what you mean, but they are terms often used in a different context.!!... that could be part of the problem.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way.... :) I'm just trying to help.

But I would suggest you have another look at the wording describing your massages. Your opening sentence talks about 'rubbing, pressing and manipulating skin' Then latter you mention 'using fingers arms and feet to apply light stroking to deep pressure.'

I know what you mean, but they are terms often used in a different context.!!... that could be part of the problem.

I'm glad I'm not the only who thought this, I couldn't get it to load on my phone previously, it is very informative but I suppose to those who are that way inclined might take more from it than is intended. Sad really!

Latest posts

Back