Full time employed, odd therapy work??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss_B

Reaction score
Hi,
I am going to be starting a few various beauty and hollistic therapy courses with a view to being a home based/possibly mobile therapist, working the odd evening and weekend. The thing is, I currently work a full time job, which I will be staying in, so I am just wondering about tax, etc, if I do this. Will I have to register as being part time self employed? Plus the mobile aspect will be very casual, as I say, once or twice a week in the evenings to begin with. Not sure where to start!
Any help much appreciated! Thanks!

Yes hun you will have to register,
all you need to do is contact your local tax office and tell them of your plans, they will give you lots of advise and even offer free courses for book keeping etc..
then you give them your start date and they will send you an easy to fill out form for you to return to them,
then they will reply to you letting you know when your end of tax year is hth

Yes hun you will have to register,
all you need to do is contact your local tax office and tell them of your plans, they will give you lots of advise and even offer free courses for book keeping etc..
then you give them your start date and they will send you an easy to fill out form for you to return to them,
then they will reply to you letting you know when your end of tax year is hth

Thanks very much for this info!
Will this affect my pay/tax/NI from my full time job?

thanks lots! x

i was wondetring about affecting ni etc, i am in the same position and would only earn prob 100 per month if that from said part time nails :hug:

just trying to bump this up, any ideas anyone, i have full time job, going to involve registering and paying tax for mobile work, does this affect National insurance and can you do all returns online, also will i have to pay tax straight away ( no limit to earn first) as i already pay tax:hug:

When you register with them they have free training courses to help you learn all the ins and outs and while you are on the course you can ask questions,
or you can just ring them up and ask them your questions,
they are surprisingly really helpful and the best people to be answering your questions really, hth

Latest posts

Back